12-21-2011 09:09 AM
30 12
tools
    sure they most certainly do stand behind their product, but in untouched (read non jail broken) form they are a boring and very generic/vanilla phone. there is currently no jail break for the 4s and even when there is, Apple wont stand behind a JB iphone period
    I must have a good apple store manager, because I have gotten apple products replaced on the spot that shouldn't have been. Not to mention the guaranteed OS upgrades. Android is okay, I own an Android phone, I just think the iPhone is better for the reasons stated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-18-2011 10:21 AM
    Depends what you like, really... My wife has an iphone 4s and I have the E4GT. Ones small, ones big. Ones really fast, one's not so fast... Apple has MANY limitations on their things.. Google allows you to do much more.. The 4s camera takes faster pictures... They are both awesome phones in my opinion. I like the freedom Google gives... You can install things that aren't Google on phone, you can root, there are many custom roms...The E4GT can be faaaar more customized than the 4s...One major pro for me is battery life. The E4GT has a much larger battery & you can get another one and change it out... 4s battery is part of the phone.. Really just depends what you like.. I'm always gonna be with Android!! Before this E4GT I had an htc Evo 4G. This is my 1st Samsung phone. You can even change the fonts on the E4GT, like on a pc... Very customizable!!! It's all up to you. Androidfoelife! Lol. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-18-2011 12:33 PM
    I own the 3rd Generation iPod Touch, 64GB, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. The only thing I don't like about my Sammy is the long name. Seriously, to me there is no comparison. I rarely use my iPod now, and certainly don't use any of the apps. I do still occasionally use it on a Sunday afternoon to listen to music while I nap. My GS2 Epic 4G Touch gets used constantly. Games, video, music, calendar, Gmail, phone, texting, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Netflix, etc. etc. Battery life is the best I've had on Android, and it exceeds what I get on my iPod. Screen is gorgeous. I'm running a Christmas HD Live Wallpaper. Others who view it do so with oohs and ahs. It is just so gorgeous. And the Exynos processor is fast. I rarely experience lag. And for those who think Apple products don't lag, I can tell you my OG iPad has lag from time to time.

One final thought of disclosure. I used to be a huge Apple fan. I have the iPod Touch, the iPad, and a Macbook Pro. Love all of those devices, but Android is so much more refreshing for me. Plus, Apple's policy to start suing everyone under the sun has turned me off to them. I'm giving my wife my iPad as I have an Asus Transformer Prime on preorder, and my Macbook is being set aside for my Samsung laptop. I also hate iTunes. In syncing, it has totally screwed up my album covers for my music videos. Well, I rant now but have done so in order to show you clearly where my opinion stands. Best wishes to you on your decision. You need to get what you like and what works for you!
    your good with the ranting lol, i recently got the E4GT on saturday and im glad that i didnt get the iPhone, like you said the screen is awesome, i showed it to a couple of my friends and they were pretty jealous lol, but thanks for the response
    12-19-2011 10:12 PM
    I see you made your choice but wanted to point one more thing out.

I tried an iPhone 4s when my contract was up for the hell of it. I came from a rooted EVO and a Samsung Moment before the EVO. One huge thing that bothered me was "Auto fit" pages. On Android you can blow up text and it will auto fit the screen no matter what you're looking at on the internet. The iPhone doesn't have it. It uses a work around called "Reader" and that's only available on certain articles, not everything. It basically removes all pics and ads and displays the text only. I returned the iPhone and got the E4GT after 3 weeks.

There were plenty of other reasons I went back to Android, but other people have pretty much covered the reasons earlier in the thread.
    12-19-2011 10:58 PM
    All of the above reasons are exactly why I'm going back to Android. I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4s and frankly, it's redundant to have both. Plus I love the fact that Android is so customizable!
    12-21-2011 09:09 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD