Android 2.3.6 for SGSIIE4GT

hwardlaw01

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Dont know what this is, but just got a notification that theres an update available for the 4G Touch, i notice it switched from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6, anyone know whats in this update?

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not gotten a notice from Sprint about that. I will be interested to see what tweaks they make to it.

I got the prompt to update this morning. haven't done it yet because 1.) I don't suffer from LOS, 2.) I like the numbered screens, 3.) I like the scroll list bounce.

also, i'm wary of any new issues that might pop up with the update so i'm going to wait a bit, not sure how long.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way androidpirate, but the notification keeps coming up every half hour..have you found a way to turn it off?

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone says the same as handsomeprince 2.3.4. how do we get the update is there a site or will come to the phone OTA like last?

e_ecruz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Android 4.0 for SGSIIE4G

I just read that Samsung will upgrade all new devices, including the GS II and all new Galaxy Tabs to Android 4.0 in the 1st quarter of 2012.

I bought my phone recently and the update to 2.3.6 was pushed to me the next day, so I have no way of knowing if there were any differences between the old one. All I know is that I love this phone compared with my old Sanyo Zio, which was the worse I have ever had.
I love the bright screen, the huge 4.52 size, and it woks perfectly with my cheap Jabra bluetooh earphone and also with my BCX300 speakerphone on my wife's car.

Maybe my next upgrade will be to Galaxy Note. That way I won't have to carry a tablet anymore.

For everyone, which do you think is the perfect phone size as a phone and a tablet: 5", 5.5", or 6"?

To me 5.5" would be the perfect phone.

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 4.0 for SGSIIE4G

I just read that Samsung will upgrade all new devices, including the GS II and all new Galaxy Tabs to Android 4.0 in the 1st quarter of 2012.

For all international versions of the phones. No announcement has been made for the US carrier variants, and it'll likely come from the carriers anyways. I would not expect 4.0 to be on this device in Q1 2012. Q2 is a stretch, with Q3 being much more likely. Such is life with carrier variants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy