just bought a 3800mah battery for $10.99 for my Epic 4g Touch

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm interesting. Do you have a screen shot of the two battery icons? That interests me, and I have been considering an extended battery for awhile. I'm not too sure about the purchase, but by reading all of this, it seems worth it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It was a mistake. When charging the extended battery the first time i saw two batt icons. Upon further inspection the phone shows two icons when using oem batt and it is plugged in fully charged. Just to let you know it is 100%. Sorry bout that. If you can get past the extra bulk( which is a nice addon considering the phone is so thin) than it is well worth having this massive battery. I never have to worry about running out of juice and i love it.

Last edited:

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I am def interested in getting one of these. Unfortunately, there are like 80 different listings on ebay for a 3800 extended battery. Idk if its against the rules or whatever, but can you send the sellers name or something like that? I'd only be interested in getting one if I can get similar results as what you did...
Thanks!

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to let ya'll know I bought the Trexcell 3800mah batt about 2 weeks ago. It comes with the back cover, but they ALSO just custom-made a black TPU case for it. I ordered it on Tuesday and should be here next week. But in the meantime, I've been using my standard TPU case and I just cut out a section in the back.

For people like me, who use their phones only sporadically throughout the day, texts here and there, don't use GPS, 4G, or Bluetooth rarely, and have brightness set to Automatic, this batt is a godsend. It's awesome only having to charge every 3-4 days. I have wifi on when I'm home, and turn it off when I go to work. I'm still conditioning the battery, so it will get better and better with time. In case you're wondering, the extended cover only adds about 3.5mm to the outside of the phone. Even with the battery, it's still thinner than my Samsung Intercept I was using before.

This is just info from my experience....take it or leave it. If you just have snide remarks, keep'em to yourself. I agree, the case looks unattractive now with my cutting, but the custom TPU case from Trexcell will be nice once I get it. I'm sure there are users out there like me though, who love Android and the mfr's for allowing batt changes and aren't power users. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to let ya'll know I bought the Trexcell 3800mah batt about 2 weeks ago. It comes with the back cover, but they ALSO just custom-made a black TPU case for it. I ordered it on Tuesday and should be here next week. But in the meantime, I've been using my standard TPU case and I just cut out a section in the back.

For people like me, who use their phones only sporadically throughout the day, texts here and there, don't use GPS, 4G, or Bluetooth rarely, and have brightness set to Automatic, this batt is a godsend. It's awesome only having to charge every 3-4 days. I have wifi on when I'm home, and turn it off when I go to work. I'm still conditioning the battery, so it will get better and better with time. In case you're wondering, the extended cover only adds about 3.5mm to the outside of the phone. Even with the battery, it's still thinner than my Samsung Intercept I was using before.

This is just info from my experience....take it or leave it. If you just have snide remarks, keep'em to yourself. I agree, the case looks unattractive now with my cutting, but the custom TPU case from Trexcell will be nice once I get it. I'm sure there are users out there like me though, who love Android and the mfr's for allowing batt changes and aren't power users. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
so where did you find that extended battery case? Thanks for the heads up :)

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
so where did you find that extended battery case? Thanks for the heads up :)

You can find it on Amazon and eBay. Just search for "Trexcell epic touch", and you only have the option to buy the battery or the TPU case. The guy who owns Trexcell in Atlanta is really nice, has kept me abreast of anything new with the battery and TPU case. I hope it's a nice snug fit, as the TPU case I did the cutout with is a little loose.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am def interested in getting one of these. Unfortunately, there are like 80 different listings on ebay for a 3800 extended battery. Idk if its against the rules or whatever, but can you send the sellers name or something like that? I'd only be interested in getting one if I can get similar results as what you did...
Thanks!
i have ordered a couple items from " talleywon" on ebay. That might not be the complete name. Cant remember.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane