12-23-2011 01:25 PM
90 1234
tools
    When you do a screen capture it actually indicates that you done it successfully whereas before there was no way of knowing unless you went to the gallery..
    .....the.screen flashes...AND it says screen capture saved in gallery......

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2011 07:57 AM
    I just got the update and the phone seems to be slightly faster. No issues at all. I'm sorry to hear that others are having issues.

12-15-2011 08:14 AM
    got it yesterday. It seemed fine then I shut the phone off. When I turned back on the apps were all gone off the desktop. I shut it on and off 4 x and then they came back. Seems fine for now.
    12-15-2011 08:18 AM
    .....the.screen flashes...AND it says screen capture saved in gallery......

I know.. I was saying before the update it didn't show that. ..at least on my phone it didn't
    12-15-2011 08:22 AM
    My WiFi is borked also. Lost as to what to do.
    12-15-2011 08:48 AM
    Something has changed since you updated.

The basics are in the Getting Started section on Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone.

There are specific instructions for the Epic 4G Touch here including the power management settings: 30+ Hours Battery Life

Basically, you just turn everything off, remove widgets, etc. and see if you are losing less than 2% an hour. Then start turning things on until you find the problem.

You have some rouge app, widget, or setting doing this. Hunt and kill it.
    Pretty sure my problem was the Google Currents app despite limiting when it was allowed to sync and download pics.

Edit: nvm, still no idea what it is...
    mikegoldnj likes this.
    12-15-2011 09:59 AM
    I wish I would have checked the forums before I updated, man. I don't like it. For one, my phone loses data connection all the time now. Secondly, the 4g never connects our when it does, it does not work.
    12-15-2011 11:33 AM
    I wish I would have checked the forums before I updated, man. I don't like it. For one, my phone loses data connection all the time now. Secondly, the 4g never connects our when it does, it does not work.
    There has to be a reason as to why the update has caused their S2's performance overall o be worse compared to others where their S2 is performing better after the update (as is the case with me; my S2 is performing better.) Afterall; the word 'update' is implicit of not just something newer bit rather better too...so I wonder what's going on.
    12-15-2011 12:38 PM
    The update completely ruined my phone! I got my phone the day before thanksgiving and have never had a problem with it until I updated. I would randomly loose data connection, like absolutely every single app that required a data connection would not open or load even with the icons for 3G and wifi having full bars. The overall speed of the phone slowed to a crawl. Web pages and the market just hung on the loading screen and my battery was draining sooo much faster. I can usually go 24 on a single charge but in 5 hours I went from 100% to 60% and that included sending 7 text messages and nothing else. I tried a hard reset and that didn't fix the problem so I started a thread in xda (I have no experience with rooting) and just went back to out of the box stock. I refuse to update anything again until ics comes out.
    12-15-2011 02:46 PM
    The one thing that I've noticed is in the email application.

Before the update, I was able to set the app so that I did not have to confirm each email deletion. Now, I do not see that option in the settings.
    12-15-2011 03:48 PM

Before the update, I was able to set the app so that I did not have to confirm each email deletion. Now, I do not see that option in the settings.
    I am looking for same option.
    12-15-2011 03:52 PM
    The more I see it, the more this blue glow when reaching the top or bottom of a page annoys me. It adds zero value. Might as well done nothing. I understand they had to remove the bounce because of patent issues, but this is just stupid.
    12-15-2011 05:41 PM
    Try settings-about phone-system updates-update profile-update prl, that may help.
    12-15-2011 05:54 PM
    Hay dani_cain,

Try updating your profile & prl in settings- system updates.
    I'm running 2 epic's one stock and one rooted, only updated stock and i seem to have improved connections with 2G &3G. I ussed network monitor from the market and noticed better speeds on the stock updated epic touch. I'm the city so we have great connection speeds here in NYC. Updated phone has had no issues whatsoever since update, will keep rooted phone as is , maybe update the modem, i get 16580kbps on downloads - 383kbps up on wi-fi, 5217kbps down - 1426 kbps up on 4G, 1230 down - 781 up on 3G this is using speedtest app from market. Download and check your speeds.
    12-15-2011 06:08 PM
    I noticed that when I go to the phone log, I can now change the category to see only calls. Before, it showed everything including text messages. Now, we can filter.
    12-15-2011 07:00 PM
    I also noticed that my screen timeout randomly drops from 1 minute to 15 seconds.

I am also having issues connecting to and sustaining 4g.

Other than that, phone reception seems better.
    12-15-2011 07:58 PM
    it seems this update still has major bugs to work out, is that right? i should have my E4GT by monday and this is a bit worrisome.
    12-15-2011 08:09 PM
    I can't believe how much I miss the bounce. I never really thought of it before but every modern phone I've used had it and now that it's gone I find it rather annoying. I hate the blue light, maybe hate is a strong word, but it's annoying. I really don't see a need for it since when you get to the bottom of the page it's pretty obvious. I think I'll get used to it with further use. Otherwise I haven't really seen any problems with the update. I had a couple of times on the first day that it looked like I had data but my apps wouldn't work right (when trying to pull data). I didn't have that problem today, so who knows.
    12-15-2011 09:24 PM
    it seems this update still has major bugs to work out, is that right? i should have my E4GT by monday and this is a bit worrisome.
    I don't have any bugs that I've noticed. I wouldn't worry about it.
    12-15-2011 09:29 PM
    since the update my phone has been working excellent. Before the update my phone would freeze up and force close many programs at least every 2- 3 hours when i was messing with it but since the update for the past week my phone has not frozen up or foreclosed at all in a weeks time I call that much improvement because before the update I was ready to throw my phone against the wall now it is the phone i love, don't be fooled by the galaxy nexus folks our phone is just as fast as the galaxy nexus and takes way better pictures than the galaxy nexus
    12-15-2011 09:35 PM
    I can now use my Plantronics pro bluetooth to hear voice mail!!!! Before I could not. I have not noticed the blue glow or the numbers missing, lol Im gonna go look. Otherwise, no serious issue and had none before the update.
    12-16-2011 12:44 AM
    I also noticed that my screen timeout randomly drops from 1 minute to 15 seconds.

I am also having issues connecting to and sustaining 4g.

Other than that, phone reception seems better.
    On mine after the update, I noticed my batt was draining 3 times as fast. I went into the settings line by line and noticed my screen timeout went from 1 minute (where I had it set) to 10 minutes. I never noticed this cause I use the seidio case/holster and bluetooth while I'm driving and after a few phone calls, my batt was deader than a doornail. I also noticed samsung media hub keeps starting up and after force stopping it, it just comes right back.
    12-16-2011 03:36 AM

I am looking for same option.
    Yup. Pretty annoying.

Otherwise I haven't had any issues with the update, but it also hasn't made anything noticeably better.
    12-16-2011 11:14 AM
    It seemed squirrelly for the first day with chugging performance and the GPS locking on overnight, draining half the battery, but it seems to have calmed down. I've never had a problem with slow GPS lockon, but its nasty habit of dropping the lock while I'm using MyTracks and showing no satellites in GPS Status remains. Sigh.

I don't mind the blue glow (or missing page numbers) instead of the Apple bounce - seriously, people are whining about something the dying Apple is suing Samsung into dropping that meant so little? - but the UI feels a touch laggy compared to the slick as WD-40ed glass feel before the update. The difference is a matter of milliseconds, but it's noticeable to me in scrolling through apps and web pages.
    12-16-2011 03:42 PM
    Ive never been so happy after update and development that's come along with it.
    Custom rom being used - (El13) UnNamed 2.0.1

A normal day of moderate use - 20 min phone calls , 20 emails sent and received , 15 text messages , 10 minutes web browsing , 30 minutes Tunin radio use , 3 app downloads from market.

Background apps - Samsung weather widget auto refresh every 3 hours , Tweet caster auto refresh every 2 hours.

The end result is 20% battery used
    12-16-2011 04:57 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD