Anyone Dislike phone after update??

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
There is defininitely something up now with this update.

I am no longer able to connect WiFi (no problems prior)

I cannot set which Launcher for default in manage applications. Both Launcher and TWLauncher have grayed out default

More laggy

Not looking forward but will need to do a factory reset - bah humbug. :(

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update this morning and haven't had any trouble whatsoever. My first alarm woke me up and I had a notice about the update. I fell asleep while it installed and all was ready when the second alarm went off. After a day on it I haven't had any problems except the pinch to zoom in the app drawer and a problem going to Google Voice from the notification. I haven't tried all of my 100 apps yet, but other than those two hiccups, everything has been great, including battery life.

I'm in DC by the way.

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks. Perhaps some of these points I'm about to share are my mind convincing itself that there are more changes than what the update really brought on; but here is what I've noticed.

1.) Yes, the blue glow is the obvious difference...it's kinda annoying and to be honest I never really noticed the "bounce" prior to this update. But now that I think about it and compare it to this blue glow effect...the bounce was more natural and fluid looking. Da**it Apple!

2.) The phone is snappier for me overall with scrolling

3.) The battery life is better

4.) Even the stock samsung keyboard responds to touches better whereas it used to have a slight delay with touches

5.) Swype is a lot faster and accurate; as well as they layout has changed.

MaoTzu

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings/Applications/Manage Apps > Click the "All" tab and find "TW Launcher" and "Launcher". Open each and select "clear defaults". When you hit the home button and try to open the App Launcher screen it should pop up a box asking which program you'd like to use to complete the action. Select TW Launcher and set the default and you should have TouchWiz back.

Thankyou that worked wonders!

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
ALSO here's a FIX via the update...remember how if you were simultaneously using the phone while it was plugged into the wall using the supplied samsung wall charger that would moe the phone's screen go haywire and unusable??? Well no more; it works just fine plugged in while using

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update and the phone seems to be slightly faster. No issues at all. I'm sorry to hear that others are having issues.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
got it yesterday. It seemed fine then I shut the phone off. When I turned back on the apps were all gone off the desktop. I shut it on and off 4 x and then they came back. Seems fine for now.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Something has changed since you updated.

The basics are in the Getting Started section on Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone.

There are specific instructions for the Epic 4G Touch here including the power management settings: 30+ Hours Battery Life

Basically, you just turn everything off, remove widgets, etc. and see if you are losing less than 2% an hour. Then start turning things on until you find the problem.

You have some rouge app, widget, or setting doing this. Hunt and kill it.

Pretty sure my problem was the Google Currents app despite limiting when it was allowed to sync and download pics.

Edit: nvm, still no idea what it is...

Last edited:

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I would have checked the forums before I updated, man. I don't like it. For one, my phone loses data connection all the time now. Secondly, the 4g never connects our when it does, it does not work.

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish I would have checked the forums before I updated, man. I don't like it. For one, my phone loses data connection all the time now. Secondly, the 4g never connects our when it does, it does not work.
There has to be a reason as to why the update has caused their S2's performance overall o be worse compared to others where their S2 is performing better after the update (as is the case with me; my S2 is performing better.) Afterall; the word 'update' is implicit of not just something newer bit rather better too...so I wonder what's going on.

dani_cain

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The update completely ruined my phone! I got my phone the day before thanksgiving and have never had a problem with it until I updated. I would randomly loose data connection, like absolutely every single app that required a data connection would not open or load even with the icons for 3G and wifi having full bars. The overall speed of the phone slowed to a crawl. Web pages and the market just hung on the loading screen and my battery was draining sooo much faster. I can usually go 24 on a single charge but in 5 hours I went from 100% to 60% and that included sending 7 text messages and nothing else. I tried a hard reset and that didn't fix the problem so I started a thread in xda (I have no experience with rooting) and just went back to out of the box stock. I refuse to update anything again until ics comes out.

mikegoldnj

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that I've noticed is in the email application.

Before the update, I was able to set the app so that I did not have to confirm each email deletion. Now, I do not see that option in the settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma