Anyone Dislike phone after update??

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a major difference in battery life. I had pretty good, but not great, battery life before the update. Now I have serious issues making it through the day. I am constantly looking for a charge now...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a major difference in battery life. I had pretty good, but not great, battery life before the update. Now I have serious issues making it through the day. I am constantly looking for a charge now...

Hey, go through your settings. After the update, my display auto set itself to timeout after 10 minutes. I had it set at 30 seconds. Media hub and Social hub has now decided to auto start themselves after every reboot. I have never used nor setup those services and they never started up before the update. Google talk auto starts and signs in again and have to turn it off.

Before the update I was getting a good 15-20 hours depending on my usage before the update. After the update, I was lucky to get 6 hours. But after digging into the menu and apps for awhile, I found those problems and all is back to normal.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I found that after the update I had to perform a battery pull and just in case reset my battery by charging it full with power of then pulling the battery right after the fully charged sound went off. Just make sure that you leave the battery out for a good 5 min.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people whose GPS went to hell after the update. This morning it wouldn't work at all, even with a few reboots. Turns out the GPS data needed flushed, and so it's working again thanks to the GPS Status app.

But, man, I thought I was done with constant GPS problems when I got rid of my Epic 4G. Thought Samsung would get it right this time. Not so much.

If it keeps up I'll go back to my Motorola Photon. That thing never had these kinds of radio issues.

reason319

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
That's been happening to me a LOT since the update. I like the touchwiz launcher, but I'm considering adding a third party one, be cause this having to reboot to get my home screen icons is maddening. btw, I did a factory reset and it's still doing this, but it's in the rom.

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a decrease in battery life... What I hate the most is the more lag and streamline of the OS. I noticed it not as smooth as before.
I hate the spanish option on the keyboard vs the old smiley face option. I love the face option on the keyboard. Laungage settings should be in the options.
Pinch zooming in the apps menu and looking at all the pages of apps then choosing the page ends up going back to home screen which sucks.
Double tapping to have web pages paragraphs fit the screen is not as snappy and centered as before.

Is it possible to remove saved words from the memorized word bank for texting? I saved a misspelled word....lol

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a decrease in battery life... What I hate the most is the more lag and streamline of the OS. I noticed it not as smooth as before.
I hate the spanish option on the keyboard vs the old smiley face option. I love the face option on the keyboard. Laungage settings should be in the options.
Pinch zooming in the apps menu and looking at all the pages of apps then choosing the page ends up going back to home screen which sucks.
Double tapping to have web pages paragraphs fit the screen is not as snappy and centered as before.

Is it possible to remove saved words from the memorized word bank for texting? I saved a misspelled word....lol
Yes you can remove the word. I go in and occasionally clear out all the junk that makes it in there. There are quite a few steps to get to it and I can't remember all of them since I'm on my phone. But under settings, you go to language and keyboard, select the keyboard settings and I think it's under T9 and maybe advanced settings. You can find your personal dictionary. When you find it, you have to click the menu button and delete and then select the words you want to delete. If you can't find it let me know and I will go through all the steps on my phone and enter them on my computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy