Anyone Dislike phone after update??

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just recieved the update this morning and after playing around with my phone for the last two hours I realized that the phone is a lot different.

1) the iphone like bouncy scrolling is completely gone! This is one thing I really enjoyed when browsing the web or using apps within the phone.

2) My phone has crashed once since updating my phone. This may not be a big deal but My phone never once crashed before and I got my phone on launch day.

3) Phone doesnt seem as fluid as it did before. Scrolling between apps seems to have more of a lag to it.

Anyone else with the update are you experiencing any problems as well. Do you like the update?? Seems like this phone is just like every other android phone now.

Reactions: rlanza1054

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I received the update this morning. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the update. I noticed the "bounce" is gone, but it sounds like that was in relation to some Apple patents and the stupid on going battle in the courts.

As far as overall functionality I would say aside from the numbers being gone from the home page dots, and the "blue glow" instead of the "bounce effect", I don't see a whole lot. Phone seems just as snappy as ever. I did have to "allow" my Bluetooth connection in the car, but that was pretty simple.

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The bounce removal is to prevent apple from Suing. This in itself will make the whole system feel less smooth because now almost everything grinds to a stop instead.

Asian Kyle

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
everything is smooth and runs great for me after the update. It also could be an app you have installed causing your phone to crash.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've only noticed minimal differences ... the couple of UI tweaks that have been noted (the blue light replaces the bounce, the screen numbers are gone, and the lock screen animation is slightly different). Overall my update was very easy, phone is as smooth and great as ever, and hopefully the LOS issue is gone.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to be working fine except that my battery seems to be draining faster. I've had my phone off the charger for 2h 21m and I'm already down to 70% (51% Display on 54m @ auto brightness; 29% Android OS CPU total 21m).

I've only had the update since this morning and installed a couple apps recently, so it's too soon for me to know who the culprit is.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just posted in another thread.

Had nothing but trouble since the upgrade.

Rebooting over and over again. Had to bring my phone to Sprint just do they could do a reset to factory defaults. That did not fizz the problem.

Some apps are now incompatible, such as Beautiful Widgets. But I have managed to get it back on and working. I just turned off done of the animation.

If Samsung turned off things like bounce then some apps that call that routine might have trouble?

A ton of apps no longer work.

I found one fix is to delete that app then go in with a file explorer and delete the directory/folder where that app was stored. It seems something got corrupted.

This has not worked with all the spoofs that's are giving trouble.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Bounce is gone funny never noticed, but did notice the blue glow.

Maybe that was what was distracting me from noticing the bounce.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

Treybers

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update this morning. Overall, everything runs fine. BUT...

Now all of a sudden I cannot compose mail in my office webmail (lotus notes) in either the native browser or Dolphin HD. After the new message is created by clicking 'compose' or 'reply' it is impossible to enter text. Is anyone else experiencing a problem like this? Any ideas?

Treybers

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
  • My reception is not worse - about the same. Still use GPS Test and GPS Status so not sure if GPS is locking without it
  • I did not "lose data connectivity" where I have been but got a message "lost internet connection."
  • I have noticed that my display brightness changes on it's own and goes to the lowest setting (without me touching it).
  • I also noticed that my Bluetooth does not connect "as easily" as prior to update (seems to fail more often and have to keep retrying in my car)
  • My battery "does not" seem to last as long but will need to monitor
  • I do not miss the bounce/kind of like the blue glow
  • As I reported previously, the swype keyboard has changed slightly with movement of the key to change from Spanish to English vice versa. This is a good thing as I would accidentally change it without realizing.
  • I would recommend to anyone that once the update occurs, that they power off and remove the battery for a minute to do a good startup.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the update. Few things I've noticed.

1. Gps locks much quicker.
2. The UI seem to be more laggy.
3. 4g seem to stay connected longer. Before the update. The 4g would always disconnect on me.
4. Lastely, battery life has dramatically gone up for me.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I received the update this morning. So far nothing seems different to me, but I'm sure I'm missing something. Anyway, what is "the bounce" everyone keeps writing about in this thread? That has me confused.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
im new to android..what bounce ??? lol..please explain..

That bounce when you get to the end of something....say a webpage, or the end of scrolling through the menu of an app. It bounces, like it wants to keep going but you let go of it and it "bounces" back into place.

Over all, all my apps and functionality seem to be fine after this update. My reception seems to about the same, as well as the smoothness of the phone. I have noticed my batt draining a little more than usual but that started when I downloaded a few apps from the market at .10 cents (cheap freakin apps) before the update. I have also noticed my bluetooth headset, not loosing connection, but crackling more like it wants to lose connection. I'll keep an eye on it and see. Overall, the updates been good!

Lawbreaker

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I notice one problem after the update. I drop calls much more while driving. This happens in places that I drive almost everyday and I never noticed a dropped call problem. I am going to try a battery pull. hopefully that helps.

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive noticed an annoying bug. In the app drawer, when you pinch to view all the window panes and touch on an individual pane you will return to the homescreen. To get to that pane you must press the applications icon once again.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning. The only thing I have noticed is that usually around this time I have 40 to 50% battery left, right now my phone is at 15%. I used the phone normally today so I am a little concerned. Hopefully tomorrow will be normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000