does anyone else's phone get hot when on your phone for a few hours just on tapatalk, internet, and such my phone is at 107.6°F is that normal?
    12-14-2011 09:42 PM
    Sounds normal. The phone will heat up after prolonged use, especially near the top where all the goodies are. It should be warm though, not too hot to touch.
    12-14-2011 11:53 PM
    does anyone else's phone get hot when on your phone for a few hours just on tapatalk, internet, and such my phone is at 107.6F is that normal?
    My phone used to heat up a lot. I would monitor it by using the active applications widget and found that the dolphin HD browser was using a ton of the CPU. I tried Dolphin mini and had the same problem. I uninstalled both and went back to the stock browser and it's gotten a ton better. The only times my phone get up to 108 degrees now is playing certain games like crazy snowboard, where's my water and Jelly Defense to a lesser extent.
    12-15-2011 06:22 AM
    oh okay thanks.
    12-15-2011 08:26 AM
    mine was running real hot a for a while. I traced it down, to my surprise, it was the facebook widget. Closed it, and phone cooled, and battery life jumped up.
    12-15-2011 12:30 PM
    Also, as your forum image indicates, you could always try peeing on it to cool it down.

Okay, no, don't do that. If you have an iPhone lying around though ...
    12-15-2011 12:57 PM
    Also, as your forum image indicates, you could always try peeing on it to cool it down.

Okay, no, don't do that. If you have an iPhone lying around though ...
    haha
    12-15-2011 02:56 PM
    mine was running real hot a for a while. I traced it down, to my surprise, it was the facebook widget. Closed it, and phone cooled, and battery life jumped up.
    what's the easiest way to trace what app is doing it?
    12-15-2011 02:57 PM
    Open up the task manager and if any of the CPU processes are yellow or red, that's probably what's causing it.
    12-15-2011 03:19 PM
    Open up the task manager and if any of the CPU processes are yellow or red, that's probably what's causing it.
    okay thanks a lot I'll check that when it starts to get hot again
    12-15-2011 03:40 PM
    Sometimes if i play games while on the charger my phone will get very hot. I will even get glitches in graphics when the phone is hot. Usually a reboot will fix that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2011 11:22 PM
    I also found that leaving a weather radar program open in the background displaying multiple radar frames would heat it up pretty good. I make sure I close them down after using (apps like Rainy Days, Raindar, etc.)
    12-16-2011 06:17 PM
    I think I've actually posted about this in the past. My Epic 4G Touch also gets ridiculously hot at times. Usually it's just when I play games (like Eternity Warrior) for an extended period of time. It's gotten so hot at times that not only is it almost unbearable to touch, but it has actually shutoff and when I tried to turn it back on it would have a little heat warning indicator (or at least I believe that's what it is) and would not start until it cooled off. I love my phone, but this is one of the few things that really needs to be looked into.
    12-16-2011 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD