I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
To enlight on this situation. It isn't to far fetch to think that the att skyrocket case will work for our epic touch 4g. If you look at the link that I provided. The demension of the skyrocket is a tad bit bigger then the demension of the epic touch 4g. That means the case must be a tad bit bigger to fit the epic touch. Just my thoughts. Personally, I don't think the case looks all that great but it nice to see that we epix owners do have options.

http://www.solidmobiles.com/samsung...ii-galaxy-epic-touch-in-short-difference.html

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case C

Epic 4G Touch
315DHXJmlBL._SX300_.jpg

Skyrocket
galaxy-s-II-skyrocket.png

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm glad to see others on here that were suspicious of this. I, however, will be stopping by the AT&T store after work. I will update on the situation ASAP. Be patient.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Calm down folks...there is a difference, but not a big enough difference to where the battery pack will not work. Here are the specs from Samsung's website directly.

• AT&T - Display size = 4.5"; Overall size = 5.15" x 2.75" x 0.37"
  • Sprint Epic 4G Touch - Display size 4.52"; Overall size = 5.11" x 2.74" x 0.38"

As you can see, the overall size is different, but barely. The biggest determination on how well it fits will be the radius of the corners.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Calm down folks...there is a difference, but not a big enough difference to where the battery pack will not work. Here are the specs from Samsung's website directly.

• AT&T - Display size = 4.5"; Overall size = 5.15" x 2.75" x 0.37"
  • Sprint Epic 4G Touch - Display size 4.52"; Overall size = 5.11" x 2.74" x 0.38"

As you can see, the overall size is different, but barely. The biggest determination on how well it fits will be the radius of the corners.

:'(

The battery probably will work, but the case WILL NOT. The camera is a different shape, the camera speaker and audio jack are in a different location, and there's one other small detail I forgot to mention. The led light is know a different location.

sam2-i727x-20-1.jpg

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

:'(

The battery probably will work, but the case WILL NOT. The camera is a different shape, the camera speaker and audio jack are in a different location, and there's one other small detail I forgot to mention. The led light is know a different location.

Click to view quoted image

Unless you are talking about the LED Flash on the back, then you might be overlooking that this case does NOT cover the front. Maybe some of you didnt look at it well enough but it grasps the edges, which doesnt hinder the LED notification light, proximity sensor, earpiece, front camera, etc. I'd take a look at the pics from Amazon. And the Original Poster has already confirmed that it works well with the camera on back. Amazon.com: PowerSkin Protective Case with Built-in Battery for Samsung Galaxy SII SkyRocket (AT&T) AP1516i72, Black

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Unless you are talking about the LED Flash on the back, then you might be overlooking that this case does NOT cover the front. Maybe some of you didnt look at it well enough but it grasps the edges, which doesnt hinder the LED notification light, proximity sensor, earpiece, front camera, etc. I'd take a look at the pics from Amazon. And the Original Poster has already confirmed that it works well with the camera on back. Amazon.com: PowerSkin Protective Case with Built-in Battery for Samsung Galaxy SII SkyRocket (AT&T) AP1516i72, Black

Um yea it does.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

No problem about the difference. My eyesight is far from 20/20. But fortunately the case is working for me. I was just so frustrated in purchasing an extended battery and not having a protective case to accompany it. But thanks for the clarification.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

A third opinion would be good. And you are right, I am new to the forum. But I just wanted to share what was good news to me. It is definitely worth taking a look. Thanks again.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

By the way, although I am new to this site (as well noted), I love the energy. Thanks for accepting my post and chiming in. I can't challenge all of the different arguments, all I know is that my case is in it, it fits perfectly, and it works perfectly. Out of all my research of looking for an option that would provide both an extended battery as well as protective case, this is the best yet. However, maybe in due season, they will sell a comparably case specifically stated to work for the Epic 4G touch (to put the minds of those that may be skeptical at rest). Nevertheless, I returned my Seidio extended battery today and could not be more pleased.

By the way, interestingly enough, whereas I was getting an extra 4-5 hours out of my Seidio extended battery, today I notice I got an extra 6-7 hours out of this case. But that may be the exception and not the rule. Either way, If this case helps one person (who was as desperate as I am to find a feasible extended battery/protective case solution), then this post would have been worth it.

Again, thanks for your energy!!!

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

By the way, although I am new to this site (as well noted), I love the energy. Thanks for accepting my post and chiming in. I can't challenge all of the different arguments, all I know is that my case is in it, it fits perfectly, and it works perfectly. Out of all my research of looking for an option that would provide both an extended battery as well as protective case, this is the best yet. However, maybe in due season, they will sell a comparably case specifically stated to work for the Epic 4G touch (to put the minds of those that may be skeptical at rest). Nevertheless, I returned my Seidio extended battery today and could not be more pleased.

By the way, interestingly enough, whereas I was getting an extra 4-5 hours out of my Seidio extended battery, today I notice I got an extra 6-7 hours out of this case. But that may be the exception and not the rule. Either way, If this case helps one person (who was as desperate as I am to find a feasible extended battery/protective case solution), then this post would have been worth it.

Again, thanks for your energy!!!

Pictures or it didn't happen.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see pictures of this on the phone. I understand that you say it fits but i am really picky about fitment of my cases. I have thrown cases away if they are not a perfect fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Went to the att store after work. They did not carry said case, and amazon is out of stock. At this point, i will need to see some pictures of the case on the epic 4g touch to believe it. Theres subtle diff's between the sprint and att version that dont really add up: the camera lens shape, speakerphone port, rounded edges, etc. I still dont understand the "two battery" explanation. This case uses ur stock 1800mah batt as well as a 1500mah batt built in? How does the phone just switch power sources? Very confused...

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

I will get my camera today and take photos. However, if the system you have is working, there is no need to change. But if you are looking for an alternative to no alternative (as it pertains to extended battery life and protection), then it is worth a trip to the AT&T store to at least take a look.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Imagine the case as an extra battery source (back up battery) that when you turn on (with the push on the on/off switch on the back) adds an extra 1500 mah to your 1800 mah standard battery. Again, I will post photos of my phone today. I just have to take some photos and upload them. Stay tuned.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

OK, My Mac doesn't take the best photos, but I tried to at least capture you descent enough photos to give you an ideal of how this case looks and works. If I need to take better ones, then please advise.

Thanks!!!

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

That case looks like ass on there.

You do have pretty fingernails though...

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the compliment DrummerBoy1975. Actually, I could use a manicure. As it pertains to the case, I guess it is just a personal preference. In my opinion, I like it a lot better than when I had the seidio extended battery and its replacement back cover. Plus, it did not offer any protective properties, just a back cover panel. I am dropping my phone too much to simply not have both an extended battery and some form of protection. And to date, this is the best option I have found. If anyone on this forum discovers any better solutions, I am definitely all ears and would appreciate them sharing. Thanks again and take care!!!