Insufficient Storage / Low Space? What??

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have about 160 apps on my phone and it's starting to tell me that is has "Insufficient Storage" when I try to do some updates. I have over 200MB left in the app partition, but I guess I'm wondering if there's any way that I can use the other 12GB or whatever is sitting over in the other partition unused.

Any ideas?

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to run them off of an SD card. I swap my SD cards in and out from the phone to cameras, so I don't want to be dependent on having it in there for an app to work. Is there no way to utilize the unused other partition?

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you need 160 apps is the first question? Also, I have a 16gb sd card that I move all apps to if possible. Anything that can be moved to it, I move it off the phone, to the card.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
from what i have read, it is not possible without rooting phone, is there any apps that are installed that may have a "lite" version? this worked for me, gave up some bells and whistles, but it worked.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
also, if you have another sd card, just make a folder on it put all the apps on that card. put them on both cards if you swap them out. if there is an update, update the first card. when you eventually switch out the card with the other, just update it. hope this helps!

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you need 160 apps is the first question? Also, I have a 16gb sd card that I move all apps to if possible. Anything that can be moved to it, I move it off the phone, to the card.

I have that many apps and maybe a few more, have a 32g as card and move everything to it. I go through my apps every week to see if any I don't need or use.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, I believe email and SMS data is stored locally, so maybe you can cut down on how many SMS you keep locally and how big of a window your email(s) are checking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante