can't send picture with text message.

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several things, reading as much as I can, reducing the size of the picture using the phone's software and also using picsay as described on a video on youtube. The picture ends up being only a few kbytes so is should be small enough, but I get an error message that it's too large, and it won't send. Any help would be appreciated.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have found that it also depends on the receiver's phone as well. My mom uses an LG EnV flip phone from verizon, and any pic messages never go through...ever.

RNikolai

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue with pics I send not being "received" - they show on the receiver's phone as "downloading" but never open. I am sending to another Epic 4g Touch with the exact same settings. I've actually sent them to a second person with the exact same phone and settings and they don't get them either, however, they can send pics to me just fine. After reading through the forums, I came across a suggestion to have the other person disable the auto receive in the MMS settings within messages and they were able to get my pics just fine. I have no idea why it worked, nor did the person who posted the suggestion that I read. I don't know how disabling this will effect anything else on their phone. (Go to Messages - Settings - MMS Settings- Auto Receive- uncheck the box).

Reactions: GRIMMJOW213

rjfuerst

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, it's been going on since I got the phone.

I Brought it to a Sprint store, they worked on it for a bit, updating PRL, and testing it and stuff. In the end they wanted me to do a Hard Reset. I wouldn't let them, b/c my data wasn't backed up.

Seems like that solution could work, I'm just wary of having to send a preemptive txt message before I send anyone a new photo message.

Hopefully there is a better solution then these two.

* I don't think the other users phone or carrier has anything to do with it. I've tried sending picture message to various people on Sprint, Verizon and ATT. And they all had different phones, Iphones, other android phones and regular phones.

Last edited:

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue when using the phone's stock text app. I use Handcent, and it is soooo much better. When attaching a pic in Handcent, the pic is automatically resized before sending. Plus you have a lot more setting options with Handcent so you can tweak the app to your liking.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive experienced similar issues when sending a pic with Handcent, it just keeps sending and sending and sending..........but I if I use the stock message app the pics sends fine within a couple seconds

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
P.S.
If you want your pictures to be right side up take the picture in landscape orientation with the gold Samsung label of your phone resting on the left side.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably a data issue with Sprint's network. I just sent a picture to my wife's iPhone via the stock messaging App. However, it took about 15 minutes to show up on her phone.

Asian Kyle

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
It is probably an app you have downloaded, I had the same problem and it was an app.

Running calkulin's rom, new senzation theme, and desperado kernel.

emIII92

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
i use the go sms app and everything is fine. the one thing is that some how another phone carrier can't receive pictures. on my phone it shows that it was send, but from another persons phone they dont receive the picture. need help and this was just happened randomly, but does it have to deal about the new update?

ladams1221

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone for over a month and haven't been able to send MMS messages (texts with photos attached), even when the pictures were taken with the lowest resolution on my camera (what's the point?). I finally turned off WiFi, and made sure Mobile Networks/Mobile Data was enabled, and it worked like a charm, even sending pix taken at the highest resolution (they were compressed before sending). They took a while going through, but they finally went - no more "Message Failed" messages! Hooray! Hope this helps someone else who is as frustrated with this great device as I was.

efthiscrap34

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is becoming more of a totally for-dreck company with each new feature it adds, each new update it does, each new phone it offers. There is no quick fix for sending pics with texts, despite what some may say, here. Sprint simply is changing its system, tweaking it, experimentally, to see if this works, or that works. The result is that things long-time users have taken for granted now don't work. It's very frustrating. The pics with text issue resolves itself, sporadically, as Sprint tinkers with its many platforms. Frustrating as hell.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you refuse to do a factory reset on your phone then you shouldn't complain. I had the same issue and after a reset mine w working fine. Most cases of problems with phones can be fixed with it.
It's not just sprint. Every carrier has problems with phones, software, updates etc.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Gina Gram

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that on my end it seems like the pic goes thru but the receiver never gets it. I've had a hard reset done. Tried different people n still nothing.