so this is one of the new phones im looking to get along with the evo 3d. now my line of work im a mainteance guy at some apartments. and ive dropped my phone or banged it couple of times it happens. if i chose to get this phone what would be a good hard case a strong one to get for this phone. i know otterbox does not make there defender case for this. they got a silicone type case but it wont fit sprints version from what otterbox site says.

so what would be a good hard case to get? if i chose this phone over the evo 3d
    12-15-2011 05:34 PM
    I use a tpu case I got from Amazon. Great protection imo

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2011 05:37 PM
    im looking for a hard plastic case not anything like a skin type case. maybe something with some shock absorbant
    12-15-2011 05:46 PM
    im looking for a hard plastic case not anything like a skin type case. maybe something with some shock absorbant
    how about this, aluminum barely there case, Case Mate Epic Touch 4G Case Mate ''Barely There' Case, Silver | Case Mate CM016997 | Cases / Pouches
    12-15-2011 07:47 PM
    Seidio makes a nice solution IMO.
    12-15-2011 08:15 PM
    look into the Seidio active case, its basically two cases in one as it has a soft gel like inner case and skeleton type hard plastic outer case. Im actually using the Seidio hard case.
    12-15-2011 08:36 PM
    I can vouch for tpu cases. I have dropped my phones on concrete and have one phone fall down the stairs and land on tile and never an issue. Tpu absorbs shock very well and the best thing is the price. You can buy tpu cases on amazon for less than a couple of bucks.

12-15-2011 11:20 PM
    12-16-2011 01:43 AM
    They do not make Otterbox Defender or Trident Kraken type of cases for this phone yet. I had both in the past and between the two, I like Trident Kraken much better, better protection and better design.
    Other choices which provide the next level of protection are Ballistic Shell Gel (SG case) and Trident Aegis cases. Ballistic probably provides a bit more corner protection than Trident case. Tident Aegis is more dust/lint resistent as it has plugs covering headphone jack, power port, and screens over speaker and microphone. And it includes the screen protector and less bulky than Ballistic. I have Aegis on my Epic 4G Touch and my wife has Ballistic SG on her EVO. My son has Trident Kraken on his EVO. We are all happy with these cases When Trident releases Kraken type of cases for my Epic 4G Touch, I will switch to that case.

I would never buy Sedio Active case with inner rubber layer and skeleton shaped hard outer layer. Had this on my wife's EVO. Inner layer is really loose. And tabs on outer layer kept breaking off every few months even if you do not drop it and never take it off. Went through 4 of these in 12 months period. Many reviwers on Amazon reported the same problem of tabs breaking off.
    12-16-2011 06:12 PM
    IF Seido wont work for you, and you shot down the other ideas, maybe some bubble wrap and tape?
    12-17-2011 05:54 PM
    why cant otter box just come out with a commuter or defender case for us so we can all be happy lol
    12-18-2011 05:43 PM
    I have a Ballistic case. Has a silicone sleeve and a hard plastic shield on top of the silicone. The corners are extra cushion for those direct corner drops. I love this case. It does not have any screen protection, so i went with the invisishield. Good luck on your decision.
    12-19-2011 08:26 PM
    I'm using a Ballistic case also. Very well made case. I get a lot of compliments on it. I have dropped my phone accidentally twice already and nothing has happened to the phone or the case for that matter. I put a stick on screen protector on it to protect the screen.
    12-19-2011 11:16 PM
    I just bought the body glove case with the built in kickstand for $9 shipped from ebay.
    12-20-2011 12:16 AM
    If you're looking for something from a brick and mortar store, Best Buy has a hard case from their Platinum series cases. Comes with a holster as well.
    12-20-2011 07:38 AM
    I have a Ballistic case!! It's by far the toughest case there is for this phone!!

12-20-2011 08:56 AM
    That case-mate barely there brushed aluminum, I found it on Amazon for 18 bucks.
    12-20-2011 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD