I'm seriously considering ditching the E4GT and get the nexus

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been with sprint from evo, jumped the gun and got the E4GT. After the honey moon, I must say I'm getting very frustrated.

2 main issues.

1. Gps doesn't work reliably. I tried gps tool, rebooting, custom romantic, different kernel, sensor aid off, everything, but no, it just doesn't work reliably. And no, rebooting every time I need to go somewhere is not a solution

2 data speed. I put up with sprint for awhile. But it's getting worse and worse. I live in sf, and iphone is notoriously bad here and even that speedtest faster than my wimax. I consistently pull 1mbps in downtown on wimax. My friend on lte version pulled 15mbps. That's like broadband vs dialup. It's pathetic. And yes, I tried all fixes. Service menu with msl, el13 modem, etc.

I renewed my 2 yr contract with this, man, what a bummer. Maybe I will just eat the early termination fees. :-(

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Your mainly ditching Sprint. I am really hoping their switch to their new Network will bump up the speeds considerably, it's pretty bad where I am too. If I get close to 1 MBit, I am ecstatic!

quay69

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If I were you i wouldnt get rid of your epic 4g touch, I have it also and it works really good after the update, when I initially got my phone i was pissed off because it would freeze up and force close a lot of programs but since I updated with the new software it runs smoothly and has not locked up in a week of having the update which use to be locking up every 3 hrs, our screen is just as good as the galaxy nexus and our camera is 100 times better than the nexus

tyhart44

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE my eg4t, but I held it and the nexus in my hands today and watched the same youtube video in HD mode, and sorry...Nexus wins. Of course my video buffered ridiculously and couldn't keep up, but when it was actually running...Nexus wins.

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE my eg4t, but I held it and the nexus in my hands today and watched the same youtube video in HD mode, and sorry...Nexus wins. Of course my video buffered ridiculously and couldn't keep up, but when it was actually running...Nexus wins.

You guys do realize that Verizon is banking on the fact that you will love your HD youtubing and Slacker Radio so much that you smash through the piddly-@$$ 4GB cap they give you and rack up $10/GB in overage charges, right?

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So far the only thing the Nexus offers that the galaxy 2 doesn't is the better screen. While the Nexus looks nice I don't regret picking up my S2. I had been kind of afraid of buyers remorse but now I'm thankful I didn't wait. I wouldn't have signed with Verizon anyway since I like my unlimited data from Sprint. I'm assuming a Sprint branded Nexus can't be to far behind.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The grass is not always greener. You'll always be chasing the next greatest hottest phone. Google will probably have another Nexus next year and bye then, it'll be availble on Sprint LTE. Get the Nexus and then you'll be wanting the quad cores. I'd love to have the Galaxy Nexus but I just got the GSII which is on par with the Nexus minus ICS. Verizon may have better coverage but at a much higher expense.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally love the epic touch. The nexus looks cool because of ics but thats about
It. The epic is so fast and smooth. Hopefully we will get a good ics update soon.
Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
as said grass isnt always greener I dont care what phone Verizon is offering Ill never even consider going with those con artist again! and I agree that you will always be chasing the latest greatest phone in these phone wars we seem to have going on

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my E4GT and will never consider going to VZW for any phone. I like being able to sit down, read all my sites/forums while listening to music streamed from my PC over 3G and/or showing my 2 year old something really funny on youtube over and over without worrying about going over my "data cap" for the month. And for what it's worth, I have 5 phones on my plan and 2 teenagers with Evo's.....not switching....even of VZW offered my free nexus'.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking it out with sprint. For me, nothing can beat UNLIMITED. The speeds may not be as fast as vzw or At&t but I would rather have slower but usable speeds and the best value on Sprint than faster speeds but CAPPED data any day. Besides I can deal with these speeds on Wimax for now :cool:

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
i would totally be happy if i get 15mbps on wimax.... and i won't even thnk about switching.. its true.. i like E4GT.. and i am not saying i wanna switch because of phone features and stuff

i don't even think nexus is necessary better phones.. and i know I will get ICS on my E4GT as soon as a custom rom or CM9 is ready

I guess it's true it's mostly about sprint's data speed in my area... 3G is consistently in the 800kbps range.. and wimax is like 1-1.5mbps

what's the point of unlimited when I can't even stream youtube consistently without buffering???

Or what's the point of unlimited when I can't spotify on my phone consistently because it cuts off all the time??

and sometimes i wonder if I even go through 4GB of data at all... to make a big deal out of that data cap

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I would give it some time. Sprint really is trying to improve the network speeds but it will take some time. Lte is on the way and im sure Sprint will get a version of the nexus as well. I just started averaging 800-1000 down on 3g this past month. Compares to the 200-400 i was getting before that is a major upgrade to me. Stick it out, verizon is just plain exspensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995