I bought my phone from Best Buy last month when they had the promotion of a free blu ray player with the purchase of the phone. I have not received my blu ray player yet, or recieved an e-mail to confirm that it's on the way. Anyone else get there blu ray yet?
    12-15-2011 09:53 PM
    There should be a website or phone number on the form you filled out to check the status (you did keep a copy of everything, right?).. In my experience any rebate - whether it be cash or free merchandise - takes 8-12 weeks or worse. I'm still waiting on two rebates that I mailed at the end of September and still show as "processing" in their status page.. It's a bit ridiculous.
    12-15-2011 10:07 PM
    I saw that promotion two weeks after I bought my Galaxy SII from Best Buy and called them to see about getting the player, since it was within the one month return period. They said they could not give me the player because the offer was activated when the phone was activated, but they would credit my account $90, it came to $95 with the tax. bonus!!
    12-15-2011 11:48 PM
    I got my E4GT also with the blue-ray promo at BB and haven't received mine either.

What form? What #? What email address? lol. The guy at BB did it all for me and all I got was my paper explaining my terms of service for the phone and a receipt for the phone and blue-ray player. When doing my paperwork though, the ***** screwed up the form for the B-R and had to call someone to have them manually enter it into the system so he could generate the code to scan at checkout. I did however receive a call from a promo rep about a week ago asking for my email address again so they could process my B-R order.

But for whatever it's worth, it stated on the disclaimer of the B-R player promo sheet that you would not receive the B-R on or before 11/24 but no later than 12/24. I asked about this to the mobile mgr and he said your 30 day return period has to end before they will ship it because of fraud. They don't want customers buying the E4GT and B-R combo then return the E4GT after receiving the free B-R within thier 30 days.
    12-16-2011 04:13 AM

But for whatever it's worth, it stated on the disclaimer of the B-R player promo sheet that you would not receive the B-R on or before 11/24 but no later than 12/24. I asked about this to the mobile mgr and he said your 30 day return period has to end before they will ship it because of fraud. They don't want customers buying the E4GT and B-R combo then return the E4GT after receiving the free B-R within thier 30 days.
    If that's why they're doing it, then they're doing it wrong because there's still other ways around that. Any other store will process a 'free' item in a way that if you return the 'trigger' item without the 'free' item you don't get a full refund. Usually what happens is the register marks down the trigger item(s) by the retail price of the free item. So if the phone is $200 and the 'free' blu ray retails for $80, the receipt should show the price/return value of the phone as $120. That way if you return the phone by itself, you still pay for the blu ray. You have to return both in order to get the full refund.
    12-16-2011 12:56 PM
    Just got the e-mail this afternoon that the blu ray player has been shipped!
    12-16-2011 04:48 PM
    Not me dangit.
    12-16-2011 06:07 PM
    Wow and the player arrived today! I guess if I want to get something done all I need to do is go on an internet forum and ask about it lol....
    12-17-2011 08:56 AM
    Wow and the player arrived today! I guess if I want to get something done all I need to do is go on an internet forum and ask about it lol....
    Which forum? Cause I think the guy at BB screwed the pooch for me. Also, when did you get your phone?
    12-17-2011 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD