phone audio and sound

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So far the only phone I have used on Sprint to have a better speaker is the Motorola Photon. This phone does pretty good, that's not to say it is great but it is still a small device with a small speaker.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So far the only phone I have used on Sprint to have a better speaker is the Motorola Photon. This phone does pretty good, that's not to say it is great but it is still a small device with a small speaker.

The Photon definitely has excellent sound. There are times I've been tempted to switch back to my Photon because of how much better it is...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the otherside. I still like my photon...alot. But I gave it to my dad and got the E4GT. I like both phones but if I had to choose between the two, I'll choose the E4GT.

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The mic is horrible when recording videos of live music. ..it distorts ...my 2009 palm pre didn't distort when I would record anything with live music

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I also think it matters where you listen to your Epic Touch, because when placed on a solid surface mine sounds clear and richer than when I hold it up in my hand it sounds ok but tinny and unlike some other smart phones you can't change the tone ie: bass, treble or select pop,rock classic or r & b sounds.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Can tell you that the ET has a much louder speaker than the GNex which has a speaker that's even weaker than the Galaxy S (which previously was the lowest volume phone I have come across).

I use my phone for podcast listening, GTalk chat, YouTube all quite often w/o headpones and the decent speaker on the ET gets the job done - also notifications come thru fine.

if only Sprint were faster in my area (under 100 kbps during our trial) and I'd activate our ET's. Or if VZW would offer a GS2.

Also to me the ET does well as an mp3 player with headphones (audio quality).