Unstable Gaming

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, is this problem widespread or is it just me?

I have now downloaded Angry Birds (various versions), Bejeweled 2, and Special Enquiry Detail.....and all have issues. My problem is at some point during the game while I'm playing, the game freezes and crashes and takes me to my application screen. It never fails that no matter how often or how long I play, the game will crash at some point, which causes me to constantly feel like I need to stop and save my place and then go bck into the game. And this has been happening both before and after the recent 2.3.6 update. This is irritating. I am a completely stock E4GT - I would expect this "world class" phone to handle gaming a bit better. As a comparison, I never have the problem searching the web, checking email, or using Sportacular or Penguins Mobile apps. It's just the games that are a problem

What on earth is going on here? And ideas or suggestions?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any issues with Bejeweled 2. I think the longest i have played it continously is 30-45 minutes in one stretch.
have not played angry birds but for a few minutes.
PocketFrogs seems to work well for me as does TapFish.
I also played Reckless Racing for a while and that too was smooth.

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Bejeweled2 is pretty much the only game I play on this phone, and yes. It is happening to me on a regular basis. I have heard other complain about it happening during other games as well. Very frustrating. I have gotten to the point where I will stop and save the game now and then, just so it doesn't crash in the middle of a level.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Bejeweled2 is pretty much the only game I play on this phone, and yes. It is happening to me on a regular basis. I have heard other complain about it happening during other games as well. Very frustrating. I have gotten to the point where I will stop and save the game now and then, just so it doesn't crash in the middle of a level.

Wow, thank god it's not only me. I read some of the reviews on the Market for Bejeweled, and apparently it's a widespread issue across many Android phones. The developer doesn't seem to care about fixing bugs for the game. The game works flawlessly, however, on my gf's iphone4s and ipod touch. What gives?

Actually, the game has developed a glitch of freezing and closing and never strts my games over....so I'm at like 10,000,000 for Action and 100,000,000 for Classic since it doesn't reset my scores when I have no more moves or time runs out. But the gaming sucks on this phone, seems like no matter which one I download and play it ends up freezing anyway. Is there a workaround? Is something causing just gaming to freeze and crash?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
All the Angry Birds work fine for me on my SGS2, dont have the other games yet. Tried a hard reset yet?

I have not. I will research on how to do that. Is that different from just turning the phone completely off and then back on? Does it wipe off all the info I have in the phone?

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had the issue with Tetris. I haven't really played Angry Birds on my phone. I think I've read on XDA that it's a sound bug with certain games.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had the issue with Tetris. I haven't really played Angry Birds on my phone. I think I've read on XDA that it's a sound bug with certain games.

I wouldn't be surprised. I notice that Bejeweled crashes usually when I get four in a row and get the sparkly gem...so maybe it's that sound that's causing it. But then again it happens with S.E.D. and Angry Birds, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm guessing that it's hard for developers to make the game perfect for all Android phones, considering how many models there are.

sd_N

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with Tetris as well. Game just just quits to.home screen after a couple levels

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just installed ADW Launcher EX last night, so I will see if I continue to have issues with gaming (maybe I'll get lucky). I also did a hard reset yesterday morning and re-installed my paid apps. I will comment again to let you know if I continue to have issues.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
PocketFrogs is doing this for me as well.
However i can play for 5 minutes and it does it, other times its 45 minutes. Still not figured out why the random time intervals.