Screen Scratched :( Need Replacement!?

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I always go with screen protectors even tho it has guerrilla glass. What gets scratched is the coating not the glass itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just talked to sprint about my scratch they won't let you swap out phone one for one even if your under the warranty. That kind of sucks. Oh well I love my phone but I am broken hearted about the scratch.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just talked to sprint about my scratch they won't let you swap out phone one for one even if your under the warranty. That kind of sucks. Oh well I love my phone but I am broken hearted about the scratch.

Why would they give you a new phone for a scratch?

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
http://www.wirelessground.com/saguaki.html
Idk if this stuff works, but it's worth a try. Anyone without insurance should probably get it.. But then again, it doesn't cover a scratch.. I had an Evo 4G with a scratch... Sucked a**! I feel your pain!! Never go out of the store again wout a screen protector & a case.. That was a lesson i definitely learned the hard way.. :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: hawaiijedi

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife got a new screen at a 3rd party cellphone store in Houston.. Sucked!! They can't get it like the factory can. Idk if all places are like Affordable wireless but it cost $90 and dust and crap would get under the screen. Guy told us "afterwards " that noone could get the seals for em.. Probably full of sh**... Try that sealer stuff online. & if that doesn't work find a place that can replace it that's reputable.. If there is such a thing.. Good luck!

Last edited:

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
So even if you have insurance they won't replace phone for scratch on screen? Oh well, I ordered the steinheil ultra clear screen protector and hopefully it will hide the scratch.

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends how bad it is... If it's some small scratch, no insurance won't cover it.. But if it's broken or cracked glass, they will....

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So even if you have insurance they won't replace phone for scratch on screen? Oh well, I ordered the steinheil ultra clear screen protector and hopefully it will hide the scratch.

You can make an insurance claim and pay your deductible and get a new phone, but you can't get it replaced under warranty for a scratch. You have to handle that through the insurance company, not Verizon.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Displex LCD Scratch Remover
Idk if this stuff works, but it's worth a try. Anyone without insurance should probably get it.. But then again, it doesn't cover a scratch.. I had an Evo 4G with a scratch... Sucked a**! I feel your pain!! Never go out of the store again wout a screen protector & a case.. That was a lesson i definitely learned the hard way.. :eek:

I would not use this on the E4GT screen...it has an oleo-phobic coating, and this stuff says not for coated surfaces.

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is already busted up I think it's worth a try. This isn't what I was looking for though. I found some stuff around while back that did work. Or said it did. I'll try and find it again. See what you can come up with too. BbL

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got the steinheil protector but wanted to know if you guys could live with the scratch or would you guys try to get another phone. I am so annoyed about this 3mm scratch when I babyed this phone.

denmcdon

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screen Scratched - E4gT doesn't have Gorilla glass

I concur - if the E4gT had Gorilla glass then I'm certain they would promote that on the Samsung official website. I can't find any mention of it.
Specs - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-D710 | Samsung Cell Phones

I would love to be wrong, however I have only seen mention of Gorilla glass on non-official sites/blogs.

Samsung SPH-D710 Galaxy S2 Epic Touch 4G (Samsung Within) Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Smartphone, Tablet, Netbook, PDA, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications Database

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Well that's easy enough to remedy, throw it on the ground if the scratches aren't enough!

I'm convinced this phone has some defect gorrilla glass...or something. I was in a hurry at work and accidently put mine in my pocket with a pen for about an hr, now I have a small scratch dead in the middle of the screen...I've had other phones with Gorrilla glass and I couldn't scratch those if I tried!

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Well that's easy enough to remedy, throw it on the ground if the scratches aren't enough!

I'm convinced this phone has some defect gorrilla glass...or something. I was in a hurry at work and accidently put mine in my pocket with a pen for about an hr, now I have a small scratch dead in the middle of the screen...I've had other phones with Gorrilla glass and I couldn't scratch those if I tried!

It probably wasn't the pen. Its far more likely there was a grain of sand or something else in your pocket that scratched it. Most metal out there isn't really a threat to GG

jawshoeaw

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It probably wasn't the pen. Its far more likely there was a grain of sand or something else in your pocket that scratched it. Most metal out there isn't really a threat to GG

Its a myth about hardness scale determining whether you can scratch something. Any metal just about scratches any glass. Sand of course is worse. I have scratches all over my skyrocket after a couple hours with keys.

Scratches are caused by pressure focused on small point. So copper, a soft metal, can scratch glass if the copper has sharp edge. Sand has some very sharp edges since crystalline material tends to fracture along faces, down to atom fine edges. Plus sand is hard - just makes it worse.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Its a myth about hardness scale determining whether you can scratch something. Any metal just about scratches any glass. Sand of course is worse. I have scratches all over my skyrocket after a couple hours with keys.

Scratches are caused by pressure focused on small point. So copper, a soft metal, can scratch glass if the copper has sharp edge. Sand has some very sharp edges since crystalline material tends to fracture along faces, down to atom fine edges. Plus sand is hard - just makes it worse.

Myth? Not quite. Are there other factors? Of course. Yes, sharp edges of a softer metal could scratch glass, but not without significant force. Far more likely for grit in a pocket to scratch a screen than most other things. Especially if grit is pressed in between the screen and something else in the pocket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar