Mms picture compression.

mrejimofor

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to increase the size of the compressed picture before sending a message? My 8mp picture is reduced to a 17-19kb version of itself and his is bugging me. Especially since my wife has an EVO 3D and her pictures are not compressed down to that small of a size. With hers they stay in the 100+ kb size. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Thanks.

Fraser Carter

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this on my nexus my MMS are being compressed to 52kb where as my gfs images sent from her iPhone are a glorious 350kb ....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
MMS compression happens at the App level. The compression on the stock Messaging app was set very high, probably at the request of Sprint to reduce data consumption and Samsung was happy to oblige. In order to reduce the compression, you need to be rooted and push a modified messaging.apk file over to your phone that has had the compression reduced. Otherwise, you could try a 3rd party messaging App like GoSMS or Handcent, which has less compression if I recall and may even have settings options to change the compression (I haven't used either App in ages).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz