Did anyone get GTA3? Issues?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So GTA 3 is on sale for 3 bucks right now, but reading through the reviews, there seem to be a lot of issues. Has anyone tried it? I wish more people would specify which version of the S2 they have in the reviews. Nothing worse than buying a game and not being able to play it but instead having to wait for an update to make it work on your phone.

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
they released an update for the s2. they dont specify which version of the s2. however, i bought it prior to any updates and it ran fine on my e4gt.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of interesting, my one friend has the GS2 on AT&T and it doesn't even show the game in his Android Market. When I send him the link, it says that his device is not compatible with the game. Another friend has the GS2 Skyfire (which has the 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon instead of the Exynos) and it too can't see the game in the market.

Strange stuff.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Try going into language and keyboard settings and change to UK English or something. That's how I've always gotten games that aren't available in my area. I found this out with the tmobile version of the original GT and it worked sweet. Let me know if it works.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Very strange how it is listed as an unsupported device. AT&T users really get the shaft with their version of the GS2, there are quite a few things that are missing compared to the Sprint version. Among them:

1. No visual voicemail
2. No way to change the screen mode to "vivid", "medium" or "normal" or whatever they are called
3. No option in the phone log to sort by "all voice calls"
4. You can only check for software updates once every 24 hours. Frequently it will fail, and then you have to wait another 24 hours before trying again.

Real sucky.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok my friend with the AT&T GS2 changed the settings and sure enough, then it shows up. I bought it but I haven't downloaded it yet. Once I do that and deem it to be worth buying, I will report back to my buddy and he might buy it then. It would be curious to see if it runs fine on his phone, and if it does, you wonder why you had to do that change to make it work on the AT&T model.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Changing language didn't help me. Had to restore to my original stock rom, downloaded game and did a titanium backup of it. Then restore back to blazer and restore game through titanium. Works like a champ now

Sent from my Blazing ET4G

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok...runs good on mine. Interesting how it check Ram and Rom before the game starts...

What method of steering is everyone using? There are options for analog and accelerometer, but when I start the game that way, the steering controls with an analog stick, not the accelerometer?

fatcat13sep

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
update: so i decided to uninstall and reinstall one more time and made sure i was looking at the phone the whole time so the screen wouldn't black out etc. and it now works so epic 4g touch is a go for gta3

imparishilton

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalkcan anyone tell me why my phone wont download all the internet files to start game. Ive used wifi and 4g and it never gets to 100%