I'm new to Android and I'm working through a lot of the general issues but this one should be a sticky in one of the forums.

I use the webmail version of my email on a regular basis and after getting my ET4G I noticed my Sent folder had lots of duplicate emails that I sent even though only one email was actually sent. The duplicates seemed to be growing and made it hard to find anything as well as clogging up my sent folder.

I contacted my host provider and after several days of waiting after the issue was escalated I got a response that blamed my Android phone as being the culprit. I was shocked and miffed but after investigating the issue myself I noticed only emails sent from my phone were showing this problem.

Turns out this is a real issue with the stock email app and the fix is to change to a K9 based email app.

You read more about this issue here:
    Issue 4761 - android - E-mail client does not handle IMAP account well - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
    Duplicated headers in sent mail (imap) - Android Forums

I'm getting a little disappointed in Android since this is the second time I've had to dump a stock app for an aftermarket one due to bugs. MMS was the first app I to replace since no picture would go through, fortunately GoSMS works fine.
    12-27-2011 11:32 AM
    I believe the phone will send you a bbc unless you un check it in the settings. Not sure if this is the problem, but check it out.
    12-28-2011 05:31 AM
    No that's not the problem at all. These are duplicate headers.
    12-28-2011 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD