We have 11 gb of internal storage and this is the space that high end games use to download their additional data. Games from Gameloft do this most commonly. Call me a gamer or a pack rat, but I am. Down to 3 gb internal storage left while my SanDisk class 10 32 gb card still has 25 gv dree. Is there anyway to move the data to the card? Gameloft is having a big 99 vent for every game they have sale, and at the rate I am going, I will be out of space very soon.

Any ideas?
    12-29-2011 12:33 PM
    Other than using the ability to move apps to sdcard I don't think you have any other choice.
    12-29-2011 01:31 PM
    I've tried to move the files manually to the sd card but it just tried to redownload the files again. It sucks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-29-2011 03:43 PM
    Suckage...
    12-29-2011 10:01 PM
    I think this is more aimed at the developers of the apps/games than it is fault of the phones design or OS. The devs need to start giving the option of where to save the game at and not just the data or smaller pieces of the app in regards to apps to sdcard...

Especially in this day and age where the allocated system space is very limited at times with the OS and basic apps applied..
    12-29-2011 10:07 PM
    This isn't a fault of the phone of OS per se, but it does have to to do with how Samsung set the "external" SD card into the file tree. The internal memory shows up as /mnt/sdcard, which is what most applications look for to find an added card. The actual sd card shows up as /mnt/sdcard/external_sd and so it looks like just another folder on the internal memory. It they'd set it as /mnt/external_sd, it might have been picked up as an additional option by a lot of software.
    I have the same problem with the OverDrive Media Player and, unless the software lets you specify a full path-name for the location of files, there doesn't appear to be a way around this.
    01-01-2012 08:39 PM
    With the game loft sale my internal Sd card is full. By my external SD card still has like 10 gigs free. There has to be a way to do this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-03-2012 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD