I listen to podcasts and music as I drive with my phone connected using the headphone jack but when a call comes in I try and answer it through my bluetooth headset but it never switches over to my headset it just plays through my car stereo. Has anyone experienced this?

I've never had a phone do this. The bluetooth has always taken priority over the headset jack. Any help would be appriciated.
    12-30-2011 05:40 PM
    I have the same problem. It's so annoying. We need help asap...... Help me please
    12-30-2011 10:08 PM
    Does the Bluetooth show as connected while the headphone jack is occupied? There will be a >B< in the status bar.

After a little testing, I believe this is a bug not an intentional mode of operation.

When the phone is in a DOCK, with audio routed through USB, and Bluetooth connected (tested with both Parrot MKi6100 car kit and Motorola HT820 headset), audio comes through the stereo/line out fine, then is interrupted and transferred to Bluetooth when a call is made or received (the transfer back is a little harsh at higher volumes though).

When the phone is connected to the stereo via HEADPHONE JACK, and Bluetooth connected (again tested with both), I noticed something odd. When a call comes in or is made, the Bluetooth actually DOES activate (the "in use" light comes on for the headset and the Parrot kit displays the call info/mutes the radio) , but the sound is not redirected through Bluetooth. I have tried all relevant settings with no change. So because it IS putting the BT into phone mode during a call, I think it's just a bug in the way the audio driver is handling the situation.
    12-31-2011 11:04 AM
    Yes when I make a phone call I would use my bluetooth to activate the voice dialing and it would send the signal to the phone correctly but it would still play all the options through the car speakers instead of my headset. I can pick up a call and end a call using my bluetooth headset so I know it's connected but it just doesn't play any of the audio.

I did happen to find yesterday while looking through a few Samsung phone forums that the original Epic on Sprint has the same issue. So I wonder if this was done on purpose. It's strange because it's a behavior that I have never seen in any of the other smartphones I have ever had.
    12-31-2011 12:59 PM
    I have the same problem and never was able to find a solution.
    12-31-2011 01:46 PM
    This problem needs to be well known. We need more feed back
    12-31-2011 02:42 PM
    just setup my Bluetooth and am having the same issue. It's quite annoying to say the least.

01-08-2012 09:40 PM
    I had the same problem. Bought a new headset with A2dp and just listen to podcast through it now.
    wase4711 likes this.
    01-08-2012 10:58 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but when my phone is in the car dock, it automatically activates car mode, which I have to DE-activate, in order for my phone to connect to my "built in" Bluetooth (car has 2 different Bluetooth, one for Hands Free, and one to play media).
    01-09-2012 08:41 PM
    Glad I saw this. I've been eyeing one of those Bluetooth car adapters; but I play audio books through the headset jack, so I'm not so sure now. I suppose I could just unplug the jack; it'd still be better than having to hold the phone. Still, it'd be better by far if I didn't have to physically interact with the phone at all; isn't that the point?
    01-12-2012 01:54 PM
    This is exactly how my Palm Pre and HTC Touch Diamond used to work too.
    01-12-2012 02:02 PM
    Perhaps an app could overcome this. I'd buy it.

Any enterprising coders out there?
    01-12-2012 02:04 PM
    I too am having this issue...I thought I overcame it but it just pops right back up. This gripe is in a previous thread that I started.

Anyone have an answers to this? The few people who commented can't be the only ones having this issue...
    04-03-2012 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD