Best Browser for Epic 4G Touch

Nicolemarae

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what you all think is the best working browser for this specific phone. I dislike Dolphin HD because its using so much Ram and what not. Is there a better web browser that's more E4GT friendly?

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Boat browser has a clean interface and its really fast. I use on my epic and my tablet. They have a mini version as well.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to like UC Browser 8.
Tried it and it blows. Half the sites I've tried don't function properly. Flickr never got past the pop-up asking if I'd like to get the app and this is one of their default bookmarks. Cheap Ass Gamer in iPhone view has a button to directly punch in what page of the thread you want to jump to, but it doesn't respond. Autofit is flaky on other sites. It says Beta, but I'm uninstalling it.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried anything but the stock browser. It does what I need it to do.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here, Stock browser so far. I bookmark my favs to eliminate search and typing, but thinking about trying boat browser mini heard good things about it, maybe but for now stock it is!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Opera -- been using Mini on my Hero so I figured it would continue to treat me good on the Epic 4G Touch. So far I have not been disappointed, although stock works great out of the box.

I've also tried Dolphin HD and Boat on other devices. Boat is great but I had problems with it on my Hero (Boat Mini). OP, might want to try different browsers and see what works for you :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Opera is my browser of choice. It runs light and has a lot of options. Works really well for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried almost every browser to date. Besides the stock the only one i like is boat or boat mini. It performs as well as the stock browser but it seems faster. Opera and Firefox for me at least had issues with certain web pages or flash playing weird. And dolphin seems slower than the stock browser.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm using dolphin browser hd on phone and tab. I had an issue on my 3d where I lost my bookmarks on an update they did and they worked tirelessly to help me fix it and stayed in constant contact me they it. Won't use anything else.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have always used Dolphin Browser HD. However it isn't as good as it once was as far as performance to me. Might try something else out real soon. :cool:

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Has been kinda glitchy on the tab, when responding to forums, but I prolly need to use tapatalk to fix that issue.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Boat browser has a clean interface and its really fast. I use on my epic and my tablet. They have a mini version as well.
Been trying this one and I'm liking it. I miss a couple of the things Dolphin HD offers, like gestures, but it seems peppier. Gonna work with it some more. Full version.

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a lot and because of this thread a I retried opera mobile and I am loving it. sideloaded it to my sons fire and it works great on that as well. really happy with Opera!

:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante