On/Off 4G/BT/Wifi/Silent Widgets for E4GT

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out some widgets for ease of turning on/off services such as BlueTooth, Wifi, GPS, and going to silent mode...

I'm having poor results with the wifi/GPS widgets - they don't seem to actually work...

Using: Wifi Toggle Widget and GPS OnOff and GPS Widget GPS in particular doesn't seem to work.

The GPS Widget - has some great features ... darn.

Any suggestions on what works?

One of my complaints about my E4GT in general is what a pain it is to turn on / off and select settings (like BT settings...) open to suggestions.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been I using SwitchPro Widget for a long time now.
It's my favorite.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Am I crazy, but aren't all of those settings available in the Notification Bar? At the very least they are on my phone, and they work great. I don't use them much since I leave WiFi, GPS, and BT on all day, but I do occasionally switch on 4G. I would think the turning on and off is fairly easy. I will agree that getting to the settings takes a little more effort, but I don't need those settings very often. Once my BT is set up it works, same with the WiFi.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I crazy, but aren't all of those settings available in the Notification Bar? At the very least they are on my phone, and they work great. I don't use them much since I leave WiFi, GPS, and BT on all day, but I do occasionally switch on 4G. I would think the turning on and off is fairly easy. I will agree that getting to the settings takes a little more effort, but I don't need those settings very often. Once my BT is set up it works, same with the WiFi.

I think the OP is looking for more of HTC Sence type setup.

When I had my eVo and would run a rom that didn't have the option to have all those switches in my drop down menu I would use Switch Pro. It was always nice to have all of my radio and the such switches in one spot on my main homescreens.

I still use Switch Pro on my GS2 on my main homescreen. On for my 3G radio (Samsung forgot to give us that option... cough... cough) and one so I have a battery percentage.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I find that having to drag down my notification bar just to turn/off features is cumbersome... (coming from WebOS - most everything on Android is more cumbersome - so take that into consideration here :p )

On my home screen I want to just press an icon - that will toggle on/off the following (1 icon for each):
- Bluetooth
- 4G
- Wifi
- Silence
- GPS

And unlike the other comment here - I tend to toggle on/off these services on a regular basis.

I would also like those icons to show current status (whether a service is on or off, what SSID I'm connect to, is GPS actually working?, do I have 4G even though it is on...

The widgets I mentioned in my first post - don't seem to actually be working.

For instance - if I toggle on/off for GPS using the GPS widget - when the Widget shows ON - if I go to my notification bar - it shows off, same issue for 4G... so not sure what is up with that...

If I am connected to WiFi and I also have 4G on - ideally 4G should be turned off when I have wifi - if I have a weak wifi connection then I see a lot of 4G going on and off ... I'd rather be in that control myself

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I run Go Launcher, which has a pretty nice toggle widget called GoSwitch Widget. I'm fairly sure you have to be running Go Launcher to use it though. I'd try SwitchPro Widget as was mentioned in the second post.

I'm using my notification pulldown, as the ROM I'm running has extended toggles that includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound/Vibration, 4G, Brightness, Data, Airplane Mode, Sync and most importantly, a Flashlight. I'm a bit of a minimalist so I only have three homescreens and I don't have room for a toggle widget. Honestly, a quick swipe down on the notification bar is all I need anyways.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the go launcher widget as well. It is can be customized to toggle many different options on the phone. It can be themed as well.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the Go Launcher widget - thanks for the advice (Jaywill2, 2ndaccord)...

Does pretty much what I want (isn't GoLauncher great in general?) too bad it doesn't have a 4G toggle...

What other 'GO' widgets/apps do you like? (I've gone back and forth on Go SMS Pro... but keep going back to stock)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the Go Launcher widget - thanks for the advice (Jaywill2, 2ndaccord)...

Does pretty much what I want (isn't GoLauncher great in general?) too bad it doesn't have a 4G toggle...

What other 'GO' widgets/apps do you like? (I've gone back and forth on Go SMS Pro... but keep going back to stock)

I use the Go Calender widget and the Go Google Search bar. I mostly use the search bar so I can theme it. The Go transparent theme looks nice on both.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey OP... Here's a screen shot of my et4g's main homescreen the widget in the middle of my voicemail icon and my camera icon is "SwitchPro" and how I have it setup to turn on/off my 3g and wifi radios as well as my wifi hotspot, plus I have the battery widget there so I have a percentage number for how much battery I have left.
42575284-2021-4855.jpg

Sent to you from my SGS2 Class Star Fighter.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya I forgot to mention... It doesn't support the 4g radio a of yet. Don't know why but....

Sent to you from my SGS2 Class Star Fighter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey