Does anyone have any suggestion for media control headphones to work with the Epic Touch?

I am not looking for anything really expensive as I use them in the gym, running and skiing, etc.

I am not interested in bluetooth either.

I have a set of Skullcandy with a mic and button but the button presses bring up the phone app with the first press and will dial the last number dialed with the second press.

The mic works for calls.

I bought the JVC HA-FR36 marshmallow and I really love how comfortable they are but they produce the same results as the Skullcandy.

I tried the Headset Button Controller app but it did nothing, and I read in the comments section that another person couldn't get it to work with the Epic Touch either.

Thanks
    01-02-2012 09:59 PM
    I don't think what you're looking for exists in a regular wired headphones. The button on stereo headphones with a mic simply shorts out the mic lead, and the phone recognizes that as a send/end command. I know what you're looking for though, they have it on ipods, PSPs, old Sony MiniDisc players.. But on all those devices the remote commands run through a separate data plug, not the TRRS connection.

The only way I am aware of to have media controls on this phone is via bluetooth headphones that support AVRC.
    01-03-2012 12:24 AM
    here's a wired headset ... but will run you a steep $100 ....Image S4A Headphones for Android
    01-03-2012 01:45 PM
    LOL

"A note about compatibility: due to software conflicts, the Klipsch Control app is not fully compatible with select Samsung phones (Galaxy S II family, Captivate), specifically, the Klipsch S4A headset only supports voice control, call Answer and End functionality. Klipsch continues to work on an update to allow full functionality on these devices."

They seem great otherwise but prob a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Thanks for the info!

One would think that with Android devices selling more the iPhones, there would be a lot of options. I guess that is he advantage of Apple having absolute control over their product.

"Resistance is futile......"
    01-03-2012 03:38 PM
    FWIW, I have a pair of Motorola HT820s, and I love them. They cost me $100 about 7 years ago, but they are still on the market for $70-90 (beware of counterfeits though).. They have the media controls, and the sound is good.. I personally like the behind the head style - they stay where they're supposed to.. The binaural sound while on a call is a bit odd if you're not used to it, but it makes the other person much easier to hear.

01-03-2012 05:50 PM
    I use these, and have since I have had my G2.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-HBS-700-Wir...cUvbUpU1533391
    01-04-2012 12:58 AM
    FWIW, I have a pair of Motorola HT820s, and I love them. They cost me $100 about 7 years ago, but they are still on the market for $70-90 (beware of counterfeits though).. They have the media controls, and the sound is good.. I personally like the behind the head style - they stay where they're supposed to.. The binaural sound while on a call is a bit odd if you're not used to it, but it makes the other person much easier to hear.

Click to view quoted image
    +1. I have something very similar. I've had them for a couple of years and think I paid around $60. They are probably the same thing only a newer model. All the controls work great. The style works well for walking on a treadmill. They are a little uncomfortable if your trying to sit back on the couch and watch a movie though.
    01-04-2012 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD