Random Restarts

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If your device is not rooted, your on a stock rom, it has been working well untill recently, then my guess would be an app installed recently, or something installed a while ago that you just started using.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started doing this today as well! Bummer. It does not do a full re-boot, however. Almost like it just shows the 'samsung' boot screen and comes in to the main menu.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking that my restarts seem to be related to an SD card issue. When I go in to the settings/applications/On SD Card it shows a bunch of them 'corrupted', meaning that the file names show with an SD instead of the icon of the actual app. I am going to try and switch SD cards and see if that fixes it.

primebeatz

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was getting random restarts after I tried to restore my SMS conversations in Go SMs Pro.... I can repeated ly duplicate the problem even after doing a factory reset, it still ahppens...maybe a corrupt backup file in my case... either way, yeah delete the apps one by one. I would think deleting through options rather than through Market would be better since you can delete cache and app data also

Reactions: mrejimofor

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue when my phone starts up. Everything seems fine for the first minute than it starts to Soft Reset. This started after the latest update (EK02) I will also get an error message saying System Processes has stopped responding wait or cancel. I tried Hard Resetting the device and when I restore my apps via Titanium Backup it will start happening again. I have a lot of apps(Thanks to Amazon App a Day) and I think the problem is not a particular app but how many apps you have installed on the SD Card, will start the soft reset problem.

The strange thing is if I resort to EG30 and restore apps via Titanium Backup the problem will not return, so at the moment I am still at EG30 and ignoring the message to update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle