Phone is restarting randomly. Any idea what would be causing this? Do I just need to work backwards and uninstall programs?

Thanks,
    01-03-2012 11:55 AM
    If your device is not rooted, your on a stock rom, it has been working well untill recently, then my guess would be an app installed recently, or something installed a while ago that you just started using.
    01-03-2012 02:20 PM
    Phone is restarting randomly. Any idea what would be causing this? Do I just need to work backwards and uninstall programs?

Thanks,
    Yes remove recently installed apps to see if it stops. Had this problem why Skype FREQUENTLY doing this to my phone.
    mrejimofor likes this.
    01-03-2012 09:53 PM
    Mine just started doing this today as well! Bummer. It does not do a full re-boot, however. Almost like it just shows the 'samsung' boot screen and comes in to the main menu.
    01-04-2012 09:11 AM
    I am thinking that my restarts seem to be related to an SD card issue. When I go in to the settings/applications/On SD Card it shows a bunch of them 'corrupted', meaning that the file names show with an SD instead of the icon of the actual app. I am going to try and switch SD cards and see if that fixes it.
    01-04-2012 09:44 AM
    I was getting random restarts after I tried to restore my SMS conversations in Go SMs Pro.... I can repeated ly duplicate the problem even after doing a factory reset, it still ahppens...maybe a corrupt backup file in my case... either way, yeah delete the apps one by one. I would think deleting through options rather than through Market would be better since you can delete cache and app data also
    mrejimofor likes this.
    01-04-2012 06:05 PM
    Mine just started doing this today as well! Bummer. It does not do a full re-boot, however. Almost like it just shows the 'samsung' boot screen and comes in to the main menu.
    Exactly! It's like a quick hiccup restart.
    01-05-2012 09:23 AM
    I am having the same issue when my phone starts up. Everything seems fine for the first minute than it starts to Soft Reset. This started after the latest update (EK02) I will also get an error message saying System Processes has stopped responding wait or cancel. I tried Hard Resetting the device and when I restore my apps via Titanium Backup it will start happening again. I have a lot of apps(Thanks to Amazon App a Day) and I think the problem is not a particular app but how many apps you have installed on the SD Card, will start the soft reset problem.

The strange thing is if I resort to EG30 and restore apps via Titanium Backup the problem will not return, so at the moment I am still at EG30 and ignoring the message to update.
    01-05-2012 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD