2000mah battery?

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just saw a 2000mah battery made for the sgs2 and was wondering if it would fit the epic touch. I am thinking about ordering it but i would like it to fit under the stock battery door. It doesn't seem like it would be much bigger than the 1800mah in the phone but might be able to squeeze out an extra hour or two.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I can find, the i9100 battery is not compatible with the E4GT..

Are you rooted? Or have you considered rooting? I am running Calkulin v2.7 with the battery saver script, and I am amazed how much more mileage I'm getting out of the battery. Stock I was getting maybe 18-20 hours. Here's my meter right now.. It's at almost 29 hours with 4h 21m of display on time, with weak service. The only reason it dropped quick was I left a program running that kept the GPS active, and around the same time, my Slacker radio stations did their cache downloading over wifi, otherwise I'd have got easily another 12 hours or more out of it.

shot000001a.png

Last edited:

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not rooted and am kinda scared to take that plunge. I get pretty good battery life now but a couple of extra hours never hurt especially if i could keep the phone with the stock battery cover because I have lots of cases and like to switch them daily.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way until I did it.. Then I realized how relatively easy it is. :D It's something to consider, because it opens up tons of new options.

It seems the only option though as of yet is the huge battery.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I miss this from my days with the original EVO, I had an 1800 mAh battery for it that fit under the regular battery door in place of the stock 1500mAh battery and it made a nice improvement in usage. If I could bump this battery by a few hundred mAh then I would be a really happy camper.