Home screen scrolling?

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can the home screens scroll all the way from screen 1 to screen 1? My friend's Skyrocket home screen can scroll all the way around. The app draw has this feature, but not the home screen. Is there any to enable this for the home screen?

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I dont believe it does, you would have to use one of the available launchers like ADW or GO, I use the GO Launcher and I have it setup to do this

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is working on an update which happens to include homescreen scrolling in Touchwiz. Three of these builds have leaked now so many custom ROMs include it, but unrootred owners won't see it until the update is pushed out officially OTA.

As mentioned above, the popular custom launchers have it if you want to go that route for now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I feel ADW and GO are better launchers than Touchwiz anyways, so I went the GO launcher route

Ditto. It's a great launcher with features Touchwiz should already have in my opinion. One of my favorites is the 5 icon dock bar that is side scrollable with up to 3 pages for a total of 15 possible Apps/Shortcuts/Whathaveyou right off the dock bar.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know you can use a different launcher, but I like touchwiz. Well that is one feature the Skyrocket has stock that the Epic does not have. Hopefully in the future they will include it in an update.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I did this: [ACS][How to] Everything EL26 Android 2.3.6 - xda-developers

I'm not rooted, but my home screens scroll all around. Super easy, and it's faster too!

Yep. That's the way to manually update to a stock leaked build that includes continuous homescreen scrolling, as long as you don't mind using Odin and manually flashing something to your phone with it. Keep in mind however that these are test builds, and while the leaks seem to work fine, there's always the chance you'll experience bugs or have other issues.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not interested in flashing, so I will stick with the non home screen scrolling. I would have been nice if the Epic came with that feature stock like the Skyrocket.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513