Cool things of the unknown.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So I love technology, and am especially interested in mobile technology. So here we go. What kind of things can you do with an Android that are super cool that people may not know about? Cool things you see in the movies that actors are doing with mobile technology (spies, police, government, etc.), can you actually do any of those things? Apps, are there any super cool apps that people may not know about that do super cool things? Things in the feature, are there things in the feature that will do things people will only dream about? THANKS! Hopefully this will spark some super geek discussion! :cool:

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So I love technology, and am especially interested in mobile technology. So here we go. What kind of things can you do with an Android that are super cool that people may not know about? Cool things you see in the movies that actors are doing with mobile technology (spies, police, government, etc.), can you actually do any of those things? Apps, are there any super cool apps that people may not know about that do super cool things? Things in the feature, are there things in the feature that will do things people will only dream about? THANKS! Hopefully this will spark some super geek discussion! :cool:

"Cool things you see in the movies that actors are doing with mobile technology (spies, police, government, etc.), can you actually do any of those things?" I don't find anything in movies to be cool, especially when it comes to spies, the government, or the police. Hell, the reason we all love Android is because it's the antithesis of all that submissive, obedient, police-state mentality found in the i*hone user spectrum. Flashing roms and customizing just about every single thing on it, removing carrier IQ, sticking it to the big man and getting free tethering.....this is what I love. We android people love individuality, creativity, intellectualism, and freedom.

I do wish my E4GT came with a girlfriend mute button though :-*. That is an app that would get more use than most others.

Reactions: fofjjsr

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I do not think we have reached that phase on our smartphones yet but when you consider using your smartphone as a flashlight or a remote for your home alarm, remote for your car, wireless print across the room, control your TV, or bar code scanner just to mention a few well you might consider we are heading to the next level so to speak SCI-FI if you will. Looking forward real soon for the next BIG things to come!

Reactions: fofjjsr

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
"Cool things you see in the movies that actors are doing with mobile technology (spies, police, government, etc.), can you actually do any of those things?" I don't find anything in movies to be cool, especially when it comes to spies, the government, or the police. Hell, the reason we all love Android is because it's the antithesis of all that submissive, obedient, police-state mentality found in the i*hone user spectrum. Flashing roms and customizing just about every single thing on it, removing carrier IQ, sticking it to the big man and getting free tethering.....this is what I love. We android people love individuality, creativity, intellectualism, and freedom.

I do wish my E4GT came with a girlfriend mute button though :-*. That is an app that would get more use than most others.

I totally disagree. You can do those things you see in movies and still be "sticking it to the man" as you put it. Everything you mentioned in a small way was once a movie pipe dream in some way shape or form. Please remember that not to long ago some of these things were impossible! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21