Picked up Epic 4g touch 1 week ago because i was bored with VW same old phones.I have got to say this is the best phone out of all i have ever owned.I think it is so good i'm thinking about jumping ship i have 7 more days to decide, i have unlimited data with VW.Please help.Why doesn't VW get phones like this?!Sorry if this has been covered recently.
    01-09-2012 11:19 AM
    Picked up Epic 4g touch 1 week ago because i was bored with VW same old phones.I have got to say this is the best phone out of all i have ever owned.I think it is so good i'm thinking about jumping ship i have 7 more days to decide, i have unlimited data with VW.Please help.Why doesn't VW get phones like this?!Sorry if this has been covered recently.
    Why not a Galaxy Nexus? It should be a fairly similar experience as far as hardware goes.

For me, it would depend upon how much I rely on mobile data, and how good the data speeds are in my area. I don't use mobile data all THAT much, and even though I don't have 4G where I live the 3G speeds meet my needs for now. If you're happy with the data speeds you're experiencing then you're right, the E4GT is an excellent phone. But Sprint's data network is in pretty bad shape, although they're working on it.

But to be perfectly honest, if I were grandfathered into unlimited data on VZW, I probably wouldn't switch carriers at this point. Yes you pay a premium on VZW but their data network is the most robust.
    01-09-2012 11:38 AM
    Why not a Galaxy Nexus? It should be a fairly similar experience as far as hardware goes.

For me, it would depend upon how much I rely on mobile data, and how good the data speeds are in my area. I don't use mobile data all THAT much, and even though I don't have 4G where I live the 3G speeds meet my needs for now. If you're happy with the data speeds you're experiencing then you're right, the E4GT is an excellent phone. But Sprint's data network is in pretty bad shape, although they're working on it.

But to be perfectly honest, if I were grandfathered into unlimited data on VZW, I probably wouldn't switch carriers at this point. Yes you pay a premium on VZW but their data network is the most robust.
    Played with the nexus no comparison in my opinion. Your right about VW THAT is the only reason i'm undecided, don't wanna make a mistake and lose my unlimited.But to be honest i only use no more than 2 to 3 gb per month.
    01-09-2012 11:54 AM
    Played with the nexus no comparison in my opinion. Your right about VW THAT is the only reason i'm undecided, don't wanna make a mistake and lose my unlimited.But to be honest i only use no more than 2 to 3 gb per month.
    I played with a Galaxy Nexus over xmas weekend, and wasn't that impressed compared to the GSII. The physical feel felt boring, and ICS will eventually be coming to the GSII, so that's not really a selling point for me. I'm not a huge data hog, so I really feel like unless you spend all your days on Youtube or Netflix or Hulu or streaming video, VZN doesn't offer the price point you'd be looking for. Remember, you'll be unlimited with Sprint, too, so if you need the data you can still have it. It just depends on if/when you'll need 4G speeds.
    01-09-2012 12:38 PM
    Don't base your decision purely on the Galaxy S2. You should really base it on the type of service in your area.

In the rural area I live, Sprint's data network is pretty weak while Verizon's is strong. My personal phone is the GS2 and my work for is a Droid X2 on VW. I'm constantly comparing them when out on the road and in my area, Verizon dominates. I would seriously base you decision on network and not this phone particular as there will always be more phones coming out (each better than the next).
    01-09-2012 03:52 PM
    I played with a Galaxy Nexus over xmas weekend, and wasn't that impressed compared to the GSII. The physical feel felt boring, and ICS will eventually be coming to the GSII, so that's not really a selling point for me. I'm not a huge data hog, so I really feel like unless you spend all your days on Youtube or Netflix or Hulu or streaming video, VZN doesn't offer the price point you'd be looking for. Remember, you'll be unlimited with Sprint, too, so if you need the data you can still have it. It just depends on if/when you'll need 4G speeds.
    Do you really think the samsung galaxy ics experience is going to be the same as a google ics experience?
    01-09-2012 07:11 PM
    is sprint doesn't pickup a good phone like the note ill jump ship. I've had the epic 4g touch for bout 3weeks . Text messages don't come through sometimes or hangs up while on call and 4g going in and out where my old evo 3d did not. Called sprint bout 4or5 times still unresolved .. Also exchanged phone same issues.
    01-09-2012 07:26 PM
    Do you really think the samsung galaxy ics experience is going to be the same as a google ics experience?
    I don't know. No one will know until we actually get it. But thanks for passive-aggressively making me feel stupid.
    cjones likes this.
    01-09-2012 08:21 PM
    Being as sprint is starting to launch thier lte services you may want to stick around.
    01-09-2012 10:28 PM
    Maybe it will be better. From what I've seen, I prefer the Samsung UI to the basic Android "experience".
    01-09-2012 10:57 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ve-phone-youre

If you are happy with the device keep it. If not, and you feel good going back to VW, then do it. Verizon has a good portfolio right now -- although a few LTE hiccups are causing problems the growing pains will soon be worked out. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the carrier you decide to stay with.
    01-10-2012 08:32 AM
    Took the epic 4g touch back today,i'm going to stick with my Thunderbolt for a while longer since i was told no more wimax expansion and after 2013 wimax phones will no longer be supported.As everyone knows sprint is going LTE and i wanna see what devices come there way.Too bad the Exynos processor doesn't support LTE the SnapdragonS3 i'm told is not as fast.
    01-10-2012 11:00 AM
    Took the epic 4g touch back today,i'm going to stick with my Thunderbolt for a while longer since i was told no more wimax expansion and after 2013 wimax phones will no longer be supported.As everyone knows sprint is going LTE and i wanna see what devices come there way.Too bad the Exynos processor doesn't support LTE the SnapdragonS3 i'm told is not as fast.
    Sprint should have WiMax support for a few years past 2013...I believe 2015 is the rumored date. Also, just a heads up that Sprint already announced the Galaxy Nexus LTE and another LTE device by LG. Release dates are not known.
    01-10-2012 11:42 AM
    I'm on sprint because I have very good coverage here in the midwest and in the places I've lived/traveled (Denver, SLC, KC, Des Moines, Omaha... I don't spend much time on the coasts). For my situation sprint is $20 less per month than Verizon and the sprint plan gives me a lot more (unlimited data, texts, mobile-to-mobile, nights/weekends starting at 7, free telenav, etc.).

That said, Verizon does have unparalleled network coverage and the largest 4G network by a pretty good margin.

As already mentioned, it just depends on the coverage at your location and what your plan/phone needs are.
    01-10-2012 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD