really...... no way to get to homepage in the e4gt browser?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can, but sometimes dont want to. Even my old blackberry had a choice to go straight to home. How do we advance so far and then forget/scrap the basics? I like android alot, however, i would have stayed blackberry if they had a dual core device. Android is like the really muscular stupid dude we all know. He is a beast. But really really stupid. No finesse or grace just muscles everywhere. I am thouroghly annoyed.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I can, but sometimes dont want to. Even my old blackberry had a choice to go straight to home. How do we advance so far and then forget/scrap the basics? I like android alot, however, i would have stayed blackberry if they had a dual core device. Android is like the really muscular stupid dude we all know. He is a beast. But really really stupid. No finesse or grace just muscles everywhere. I am thouroghly annoyed.

Wow.

Somehow I feel like the effort of clicking on the http bar and typing the first letters of your homepage and then clicking on the anticipated popup is just as quick as hitting menu > homepage button. I'm not sure what to tell you. Have you tried out different browsers? Firefox? Dolphin? Maybe they have a hot button.

Underwater Amy

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to chime in with another vote for Dolphin. I really liked Opera, but I love Dolphin ... Both have been better than the browser that came with the phone....
Enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-D710

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded dolphin, and i like the look of it. Havent had much time to play around with it(at work right now). Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at dolphin before but as i am new to android i still dont trust alot of apps.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i downloaded dolphin, and i like the look of it. Havent had much time to play around with it(at work right now). Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at dolphin before but as i am new to android i still dont trust alot of apps.

Um, ok I'll bite, why don't you trust alot of apps?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Accidently posted that last one twice. I am liking the dolphin browser. I still dont think there is a "home" button. i guess i will learn to let go.

Last edited:

Chuck Shine

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Bookmark your homepage, and then whenever you want to go to it from another web page, just scroll the page down all the way and tap the star in the upper right-hand corner to access your list of bookmarks, and then tap your homepage bookmark.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks Chuck, i am aware of some of the tricks you can do to get around not having the home button. I compare it to people complaining about how the smartphones these days have extra steps (or even 1 extra step) for making a simple telephone call. I am happy to have found a browser with the homepage button, ahhhh the simple things in life. I think it is really great how many options we have for web browsers. Android does have a zillion options for everything and i can appreciate that. Perhaps i was a little harsh on android, comparing them to a big stupid muscular dude.