Have had the phone for a couple of weeks and have been happy except for data losing connection and gps extremely slow to find position. Should I update from 2.3.4/EG30? Will this enhance performance? I've read mixed reviews but nothing definitive one way or the other. Thanks for your help fellow SGS2E4G Touch owners.
    01-11-2012 07:36 PM
    Have had the phone for a couple of weeks and have been happy except for data losing connection and gps extremely slow to find position. Should I update from 2.3.4/EG30? Will this enhance performance? I've read mixed reviews but nothing definitive one way or the other. Thanks for your help fellow SGS2E4G Touch owners.
    I noticed at least a +1 bar difference in total signal no matter where I was. My signal was definitely increased inside my office building and in my apartment after the update. Some people have said on here though that there update was the reverse result, so maybe it just depends on your location? In my personal opinion, the greatest performance increase I saw was when I rooted and installed the current ROM. I've had better battery life, and the speeds of everything from web browsing to apps and games to launchers and stuff are noticeably speedier than TouchWiz.
    01-11-2012 07:45 PM
    Thank you for your response. However, I'm not interested in rooting this device just yet. Just wondering if I should go through with the update or not? Thanks
    01-19-2012 11:28 PM
    Thank you for your response. However, I'm not interested in rooting this device just yet. Just wondering if I should go through with the update or not? Thanks
    I think you should, I saw a massive improvement in the quality of signal and data.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-20-2012 05:41 AM
    The update is available now?!?
    01-20-2012 06:04 PM
    The update is available now?!?
    Not yet. Soon though. Probably next week I'd say.

01-20-2012 06:57 PM
    Not yet. Soon though. Probably next week I'd say.

You guys aren't on 2.3.6? I got my phone on the 1st of the year and it updated right away.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...ftware-updates
    01-21-2012 10:55 AM
    So far, disappointed with the update. Had not experienced LOS or forced closes until now. 4g also performing worse. Only positive is the GPS is working better. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the next update.
    01-22-2012 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD