Hey Guys

I have been using Sprint ET4g for over 2 months now. Never had any problem of any sort. Yesterday I was using it and running a news app. Have been using the same app without problems for over a month. Suddenly the phone hanged and then turned black with no response. The notification light turned blue (Which is red when you have pending notifications to check). I took the battery out and put it back 2-3 times but no response. Everytime I try to restart it after taking out the battery the screen remains black and the notification light shines blue.

I also tried tried to charge it but nothing happened.

I bought the set from Walmart Lets Talk website. Do you have any other ideas??

01-11-2012 11:59 PM
    You could take it to a Sprint Service and Repair center. If they can't fix it, they will order a replacement. $0 with S&R (TEP) on your account, $35 if you don't carry it.

Sounds like the screen has bit the dust. Other than removing the battery and using a charger with and without the battery in, there isn't much troubleshooting you can do without taking it apart. Not terribly difficult but Samsung phones are typically harder to open than other manufacturers. They generally require more force to unsnap the plastic and will make you feel like it's surely going to break.

If opened, you can try re-seating (unplug/plug back in) the LCD cable.
    01-12-2012 01:47 PM
    Thanks tndank for the input.

I thought I had 3 options as a few people in another forum replied..

1) Sprint Store
    2) Call Samsung
    3) Call warmart-letstalk

I went to samsung website where they had help via chat. The service representative told me to call a number - samsung galaxy s service center number. I called and then told them about the problem, they have told me to send the phone to them. They even sent me a UPS label ticket so I dont have to pay anything as shipping/handling charges. They take 6 days including shipment to work on phone and try to restore the factory settings.

I didnt call sprint first coz someone told me that they only replace phones if you buy from them. I didnt call them and confirm this. Maybe 35$ would have been better than without phone for 6 days.

Lets see what Samsung does.

01-13-2012 02:44 PM
    This happens to me alot, I really need to get it fixed or exchanged. Sounds like the same thing...what I do is press and hold the on button until you see the blue light flash once, its usually about 7 to 15 seconds, then let go,the galaxy screen name comes up and it turns back on.

Hope it helps
    01-13-2012 11:51 PM
    two things to try

- a different rom if you are rooted
    -and, if you are, get a cpu setting app, like tegrak or setcpu, and make sure your sleep setting is higher than the 200mhz default; 500mhz is what I use, and I never have that problem anymore
    01-14-2012 01:44 PM