Where is Offline Google Music stored on Sprint Galaxy S II?

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the CardioTrainer App and it plays music while I run using the app, at least it used to with my HTC Evo 4G. I'm trying to use it now to play music I've set to be available offline on Google Music but it doesn't recognize any songs. I've tried looking for the songs using the stock file manager and can't seem to find it...Anyone know where Google Music stores the songs it downloads for offline use?

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to dcim folder and make a folder inside of it called music (not necessary but keeps it organized) then copy your music into that folder and it will show up

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music

The only problem is that they're not saved with any meta data / tags. They're all labeled numerically e.g. 1093.mp3 and show up as unknown artist / album when I play them using Power Amp.

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music

The only problem is that they're not saved with any meta data / tags. They're all labeled numerically e.g. 1093.mp3 and show up as unknown artist / album when I play them using Power Amp.

I know, someone needs to make an app similar to shazam that scans the music and adds tag info

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies...Now that I think about it, before Google Music I think I had Double Twist on my phone and then deleted it. Maybe the playlists I had synced stayed on the phone/SD card and the CardioTrainer app was using that playlist instead of the offline music from Google Music.

I might try downloading that app again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad