01-21-2012 02:06 PM
31 12
tools
    I've been having the same quandary. Been a mac person for years. Never had a smartphone and just figured I would go with the iphone. Employees in Radio shack talked me into the Epic touch. I had it for 2 days and was all freaked out, didn't know how to use it, and went back and exchanged it for the ip4s.
    If I had never had the Epic, I would have been happy. HOWEVER ... getting the i4s back , the weight, small screen only these buttons..... wow.... I'm switching back tomorrow for the white Epic. I am worried about syncing up itunes somehow and iphoto, as I take lots of pics, and video. Is there a program that works pretty well ??
    Is there a place to learn this phone for first timers ????
    Thanks !!!!!!
    Word, same thing here. I do love the iphone and Mac but the iphone is too damn small, 3.5 is redic nowadays when everything in the same price range is over 4 inches. Hopefully the new iphone5 will buck iphone tradition and go with a bigger screen.
    01-19-2012 08:39 AM
    I, too, am an "apple" fan (iMac, iPad2, MacBook) but would never, NEVER convert to an iPhone!!! As user=friendly, as they can be...the lack of customizing, makes me crazy!!! I am happy to use amazing software, beautiful hardware, and virus-free computers/tablets...but not being able to change my keyboards, layouts, and basically ANYTHING I want, on my phone=no iPhone!!!

ITunes and iPhoto work just fine since the phone can be mounted easily as a USB drive and the data syncs easily between the two. I have had zero problems...upload music/photos to iMac...then share via iCloud to all other devices (except iPhone, LOL!!!)
    acadialover likes this.
    01-19-2012 09:39 PM
    If you've seen the commercial for this phone--"the next big thing", it's true!

I was in a night club/lounge in Boston with my gf who has an IPHONE 4S and all of her girlfriends and their boyfriends (who ALL have iphones) and I took out my e4gt to send a text and no joke they were blown away.

They kept asking what kind of phone it was, the screen was so bright and eye catching, it was extremely fast. Some of them even said their next phone is going to be a galaxy.

It was great to see this because I've been trying to tell people the iphone is a great phone but it does have serious comp now.

I hope you went with it
    acadialover likes this.
    01-20-2012 01:18 AM
    Well I'm missing my iPhone. but I can't get past how beautiful the screen is! And fluid. But the signal loss sucks. Overall gonna stickvwith this for a while. Just hate how the quality of the build isn't that good compared to HTC or apple. Just going to buy a case to bring some durability to the phone
    acadialover likes this.
    01-20-2012 11:35 AM
    Hey !
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts ! So good to hear some of you have made the switch. I did it this afternoon.... a little nervous ( it did fit into my hand so well ) BUT..... all I can say is WOW !!!!!! Seriously.... what a wonderful device.... I am stoked !!!!!!! Yesterday I took some video and photos with the ip4s and uploaded it to my mac. have to say , gorgeous photos. Took a couple photos tonight on my Epic..... Gorgeous ! (on the phone ). When I got home I plugged in the usb and NOTHING, anywhere.... so DRAGONLADY,

ITunes and iPhoto work just fine since the phone can be mounted easily as a USB drive and the data syncs easily between the two. I have had zero problems...upload music/photos to iMac...then share via iCloud to all other devices (except iPhone, LOL!!!)
    HOw do I do it ??? (beginner ) thanks everyone for your encouragement . I am amazed how many people in the seattle area have iphones .............
    I still have Leopard .
    01-21-2012 01:17 AM
    Hey !
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts ! So good to hear some of you have made the switch....
    Check out the Apple User's Guide to Android to make the transition easy.
    acadialover likes this.
    01-21-2012 02:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD