Let me start by saying that I love this phone. However today my battery drained completely after two hours. I also cannot connect to a computer any more. I heard that these are related to a bad USB handler or something in the phone. Do I need to get another phone?
    01-15-2012 08:49 AM
    Don't know about connecting to your computer, but the battery drain could very well be the Facebook for Android app. It drains battery like a soon if a gun. Kill it every time you finish using it.
    01-15-2012 09:13 AM
    Another suggestion....When these irregularities pop up, and they do from time to time, the first thing I do is pop off the back of the phone, pull the battery out for a few seconds, then replace battery and back and the restart the phone. Doing this is different than just doing a restart without removing the battery.

I have found this will cure a majority of gremlins which come up.
    01-15-2012 10:42 AM
    I agree with deedub. Not sure why taking the battery out seems to help with Android phones but it does. Give it a try, can't hurt.
    01-15-2012 11:17 AM
    I have noticed this on occasion too. For me it seems to happen after I have turned on sync all devices when I want my Google calendar to sync a change from my phone.
    01-15-2012 08:43 PM
    Im having the same issue the first day using the epic 4g touch my battery lasted 11 hours without charging. I was using facebook,twitter and different live wallpapers were on. But just yesterday I fully charge my phone and within 3hours it went down to 14% I am very confused because I turn off my live wallpaper my brightness is low and other little things that save battery and Im still experiencing extreme battery drain HELP!!
    01-16-2012 11:16 AM
    Let me start by saying that I love this phone. However today my battery drained completely after two hours. I also cannot connect to a computer any more. I heard that these are related to a bad USB handler or something in the phone. Do I need to get another phone?
    I had this exact same problem happen last week. My phone wouldn't connect via USB. Tried hard resetting, and contacting Samsung/Sprint. Finally, I took it to the store and they said I had a bad phone .

Plus my battery only lasted 3 hours as you said.
    01-16-2012 12:16 PM
    GO to Widgets ( at home screen press the screen for a few and the Widgets will pop up at bottom left). Then scroll until you find Program monitor and drag it to your home screen. This will give you an idea of how many apps are running at a given time. Also juice defender app works pretty well I am able to last longer because of it.
    01-16-2012 01:33 PM
    Some Live Wallpapers are MURDER on the battery. The other night, I could feel my phone running HOT and the battery was almost draining visibly. Rebooting and seeing what SystemPanel was showing wasn't cluing me into what the issue was. The only change I could think of was that I'd switched to the Ice Galaxy LWP and after switching it back, it calmed down.
    01-17-2012 12:41 AM
    taking the battery out seemed to reset everything. I also deleted the battery saving add-on for dolphin HD. It seemed to be highjacking the phone.
    01-23-2012 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD