For anyone out there that was hoping for improvements in performance with the new White version I can put those thoughts to rest. I have tried two of them and still poor WiFi and 3G signal strength, also some GPS glitches in the two that I had. The white surface is glossy on the front and back, but the battery cover actually feels less slippery than the black, textured version. The battery cover on the white version is not as good a fit as the black one. Other than cosmetics, no difference in the two. Most of you assumed the hardware would be the same as did I. I wast just hoping that it might be better because I really love this phone. Goodbye ET4G, I need a WiFi and 3G signal at my house and unfortunately you don't deliver. I will stick with my iPhone 4S, WHICH I ABSOLUTELY HATE, but it is the only high end phone with Sprint that gives me the best WiFi and 3G signal at my home. 4 bars for 3G and full bars on WiFi. My Photon only gets 1 to 2 bars, better than the 0 to1 bars on the ET4G, but still can only make or receive calls all throughout my house with the iPhone. Hopefully Sprint will release a new Android device soon with a better antenna.

I envy those of you in 4G areas and full signal strength!
    01-20-2012 05:10 PM
    I'm not in a 4g area, but the EpTouch is the best phone I've ever had when it comes to signal. Perhaps you should give it one more attempt and try another one, if it doesn't improve Sprint will hook you up with an AirRave at your house for free.
    01-20-2012 05:16 PM
    Signal bars don't translate across phones nor are they an accurate measure of real signal strength.

Also you should be able to get a signal booster from sprint for free.
    01-20-2012 06:01 PM
    For anyone out there that was hoping for improvements in performance with the new White version I can put those thoughts to rest. I have tried two of them and still poor WiFi and 3G signal strength, also some GPS glitches in the two that I had. The white surface is glossy on the front and back, but the battery cover actually feels less slippery than the black, textured version. The battery cover on the white version is not as good a fit as the black one. Other than cosmetics, no difference in the two. Most of you assumed the hardware would be the same as did I. I wast just hoping that it might be better because I really love this phone. Goodbye ET4G, I need a WiFi and 3G signal at my house and unfortunately you don't deliver. I will stick with my iPhone 4S, WHICH I ABSOLUTELY HATE, but it is the only high end phone with Sprint that gives me the best WiFi and 3G signal at my home. 4 bars for 3G and full bars on WiFi. My Photon only gets 1 to 2 bars, better than the 0 to1 bars on the ET4G, but still can only make or receive calls all throughout my house with the iPhone. [HL]Hopefully Sprint will release a new Android device soon with a better antenna.[/HL] I envy those of you in 4G areas and full signal strength!
    You mean Samsung, not Sprint. Sprint is a service provider, not a manufacter.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    01-20-2012 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD