Hi,

So I discovered the wonders of Allshare last week, streaming some sailing video shot with my phone onto my buddy's Samsung tv. Freaking awesome. So I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with my tv, but it doesn't have wifi. Devices I have available are a wii and ps3. The ps3 was promising but didn't really work, plus apparently doesn't support our video codec if it did.

Anyone have any suggestions on combinations of apps/devices/hacks that might make this work?

Thanks...
    01-22-2012 06:02 PM
    The Ps3 does work. Can you actually find your phone on the Ps3?
    01-22-2012 08:01 PM
    No, not when I use Allshare. When I used another DLNA client - skift or something like that - I was able to see the phone on the ps3, but whenever I chose photos, music, or videos, the ps3 couldn't find any files.

How did you get your ps3 to see the phone? And, I've read in a bunch of places that the ps3 doesn't support the video files taken by the galaxy II. Can you actually watch videos taken by your phone through the ps3? That's awesome if so!

Thanks...
    01-22-2012 08:21 PM
    No, not when I use Allshare. When I used another DLNA client - skift or something like that - I was able to see the phone on the ps3, but whenever I chose photos, music, or videos, the ps3 couldn't find any files.

How did you get your ps3 to see the phone? And, I've read in a bunch of places that the ps3 doesn't support the video files taken by the galaxy II. Can you actually watch videos taken by your phone through the ps3? That's awesome if so!

Thanks...
    I'll post it when I get home a little later.
    01-22-2012 08:56 PM
    I was looking for this solution to, and you are on the right track. First of all, I think youre using Skifta, which is what I am using. You have to initiate the media streaming from the PS3 after you activate Skifta. But make sure you use the video section of XMB to view videos, picture section to view pics, etc. I didnt find settings to control the encoding, but I think the E4GT encodes videos as MP4.
    01-22-2012 09:47 PM
    Ok the Samsung will be found under video of your ps3. Bad news is that the Samsung recording doesn't play. I've check the Samsung recording profiles and although it uses an MP4 container the video codec seems to be 3GP4 which is why the PS3 can't recognize it. It plays my other AVI and MP4 (h.264 codec) files no problem.

I just tried to play the same file on my wdtv plus media player (which is suppose to be able to play almost all formats) and it can't decode the file either so the video recordings from the Epic Touch is definitely not a common format.
    01-22-2012 09:52 PM
    I was wondering if your TV has no wifi, but has a ethernet cable connection to a wifi/router, can this be accomplished?
    I have a Sony 40" that supports DLNA and its has Bravia sync with a PS3 and a Sony surround sound system. I would like to view pics and video from my Epic on the TV without having to use a cable. Allshare to router? instead of PS3. TV has its own XMB on screen menu and you can search for media devises just like PS3. Would appreciate some input if anyone knows about this.

Thanks ahead of time...{TAOT}
    Pp
    01-23-2012 10:30 AM
    I was wondering if your TV has no wifi, but has a ethernet cable connection to a wifi/router, can this be accomplished?
    I have a Sony 40" that supports DLNA and its has Bravia sync with a PS3 and a Sony surround sound system. I would like to view pics and video from my Epic on the TV without having to use a cable. Allshare to router? instead of PS3. TV has its own XMB on screen menu and you can search for media devises just like PS3. Would appreciate some input if anyone knows about this.

Thanks ahead of time...{TAOT}
    Pp
    As long as the TV and your phone is on the same network, it should work. But Allshare is not DLNA from what I understand...its a Samsung-exclusive streaming thing (think AirPlay and Apple). Use Skifta and it should work.
    PanchoPlanet likes this.
    01-23-2012 12:02 PM
    As long as the TV and your phone is on the same network, it should work. But Allshare is not DLNA from what I understand...its a Samsung-exclusive streaming thing (think AirPlay and Apple). Use Skifta and it should work.
    Thanks for the info will try it out...

Pp.
    01-23-2012 04:24 PM
    I was able to get Allshare as a UPnP/DLNA file source for XBMC. Didn't try videos, but music and photos worked okay.

Another option if you can't get around the codec issue - if you have wifi near where the PS3 is, consider enabling instant upload for Google+. It will upload the video fairly quickly, and you can then view it on the PS3 web brower, or post to YouTube then view from there.
    01-23-2012 10:53 PM
    Look into getting Playon its a great app has to run on a PC though.

Playon can connect via a Playstation.

I use it with my xbox and my Sony Blu-Ray player.

You can always get the get the MPL adapter. I got one from Monoprice.com for $15.

The you can attach a HDMI cable and play the files your phone directly. Heck, you can see the whole phone that way.

To make it more sweet, get a Bluetooth keyboard with a mouse.

I got a mini keyboard that has a touchpad (mouse) as part of the keyboard for $30 bucks.

So go to www.Playon.com

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD