I have auto brightness disabled and my brightness set to about 20%. But lately I've been randomly going in and finding my brightness at about 70%.

I know I'm not accidentally using the top slider to mess with the brightness, so I'm not sure what it could be.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Al
    01-25-2012 12:07 AM
    Is it when you are browsing? I know that the browser has a separate brightness setting.
    01-25-2012 05:54 AM
    No, it's the main display setting. Oddly enough, I set it to the lowest brightness last night and it stuck. I'd like it to be brighter, but I can live with it. Hope it sticks.
    01-25-2012 11:35 AM
    The top status bar actually changes brightness if you slide your finger across it. You may have inadvertently done that.
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    01-26-2012 02:44 PM
    The top status bar actually changes brightness if you slide your finger across it. You may have inadvertently done that.
    Well, the OP said "I know I'm not accidentally using the top slider to mess with the brightness, so I'm not sure what it could be."

I've had it happen as well. In fact, I just noticed today that my brightness slider was at about 90% when I normally have it set to 30%. I don't know what causes it, but it's a bug of some sort. If I were to guess, I would say it does have something to do with the status bar brightness slider "feature". Maybe when sliding down the notification window, you do inadvertently slide your finger that the system picks up as a brightness change.
    01-26-2012 03:20 PM
    Well, the OP said "I know I'm not accidentally using the top slider to mess with the brightness, so I'm not sure what it could be."

I've had it happen as well. In fact, I just noticed today that my brightness slider was at about 90% when I normally have it set to 30%. I don't know what causes it, but it's a bug of some sort. If I were to guess, I would say it does have something to do with the status bar brightness slider "feature". Maybe when sliding down the notification window, you do inadvertently slide your finger that the system picks up as a brightness change.
    hmm, I would say it's time to suspect the cat.
    01-27-2012 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD