My phone just updated to EL29!!

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
WIFI scans whenever the wifi settings menu is open. This is so you have the ability to manually connect to an alternate network. It is not a bug.

My Evo 4g doesn't appear to do that, neither does my daughter's 5.0 wifi or my wife's nexus s 4g and if it is scanning it doesn't say it is.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, other than the biggest reason for this update (the removal of Carrier IQ) you will see that your Phone icon has changed a bit (has a little grid on it now) and the Incoming Call screen is different. It's also been reported that Bluetooth connectivity is a bit better, and your signal strength and wifi connectivity may improve (or get worse lol).

Reactions: Unibrow

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when receiving a call the answering screen sliders are different after the update. Mine are phone icons inside circles now.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when receiving a call the answering screen sliders are different after the update. Mine are phone icons inside circles now.

Yup, one of the new features, kinda like ICS. I wonder if that was their intention? I am fond of the new call screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My update came after I restarted my phone today. Tried it yesterday but no update, but today, right after the restart (well, I turned it off and back on again, didn't yank the battery), I went to check for the update in settings and was greeted by a download screen that was downloading the update.

And yeah, I like the new phone icon and the call screen.

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Updating mine right now. Tried battery pull and nothing. Went and checked for updates on Firmware, Profile, and PRL. The last two updated and Powered Off and then back on. Went back to the update screen and it was downloading.

jb12780

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Updated profile, PRL, no reboot. It said firmware was up to date. Pulled battery, nothing happened. Be patient i should?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone didn't notice, now the home screens loop. So you go to last home screen if you swipe from left to right. It did not happen before.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone didn't notice, now the home screens loop. So you go to last home screen if you swipe from left to right. It did not happen before.

Oh crap, you're right...that blows! Now the live wallpapers are stuck in one position and large static wallpapers no longer move. Who thought that this was a good idea? Maybe that was part of their "lets try everything to increase battery life" strategy.

Ugh!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw that earlier while searching. Looking for stock unrooted file. Thanks though!
If you really want unrooted, you can either flash the stock ROM in the 2nd post or just run Option B (unroot) in the Auto Root package. After you "unroot" it will be exactly the same as stock.

Be aware though that they plugged the root exploit used by the Auto Root package (ie option A), so, unless a new exploit is found, the only way you are going to root EL29 is to
1) use ODIN to flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29)
2) flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29) through CWM
3) already be rooted and flash EL29 through Mobile ODIN choosing to "inject" root

Reactions: elmo

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
If you really want unrooted, you can either flash the stock ROM in the 2nd post or just run Option B (unroot) in the Auto Root package. After you "unroot" it will be exactly the same as stock.

Be aware though that they plugged the root exploit used by the Auto Root package (ie option A), so, unless a new exploit is found, the only way you are going to root EL29 is to
1) use ODIN to flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29)
2) flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29) through CWM
3) already be rooted and flash EL29 through Mobile ODIN choosing to "inject" root

OIC. I was hoping they would find a way to root EL29 with Auto Root. I'll flash the rooted stock EL29rom. Thanks!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No joy here yet. Hit Update Firmware; nada. Updated PRL and Profile in that order, then powered down. (No battery pull.) Restarted and tried Update Firmware again and it said there was nothing for me. Oh well. Last update came 2-3 days into the process for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc