02-03-2012 03:30 AM
45 12
tools
    Has anyone noticed that when receiving a call the answering screen sliders are different after the update. Mine are phone icons inside circles now.
    Yup, one of the new features, kinda like ICS. I wonder if that was their intention? I am fond of the new call screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 12:32 PM
    My update came after I restarted my phone today. Tried it yesterday but no update, but today, right after the restart (well, I turned it off and back on again, didn't yank the battery), I went to check for the update in settings and was greeted by a download screen that was downloading the update.

And yeah, I like the new phone icon and the call screen.
    01-26-2012 02:51 PM
    Updating mine right now. Tried battery pull and nothing. Went and checked for updates on Firmware, Profile, and PRL. The last two updated and Powered Off and then back on. Went back to the update screen and it was downloading.
    01-26-2012 03:14 PM
    Updated profile, PRL, no reboot. It said firmware was up to date. Pulled battery, nothing happened. Be patient i should?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 03:52 PM
    In case anyone didn't notice, now the home screens loop. So you go to last home screen if you swipe from left to right. It did not happen before.
    bize1msu likes this.
    01-26-2012 04:17 PM
    In case anyone didn't notice, now the home screens loop. So you go to last home screen if you swipe from left to right. It did not happen before.
    Oh crap, you're right...that blows! Now the live wallpapers are stuck in one position and large static wallpapers no longer move. Who thought that this was a good idea? Maybe that was part of their "lets try everything to increase battery life" strategy.

Ugh!
    01-26-2012 05:44 PM
    Anyone have a link to the update.zip file to manually update?
    01-26-2012 06:14 PM
    Anyone have a link to the update.zip file to manually update?
    [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers

Make sure you choose the file that says "Preserve user data" assuming you want to keep your App data. It will factory reset your system data though.
    elmo likes this.
    01-26-2012 06:17 PM
    I saw that earlier while searching. Looking for stock unrooted file. Thanks though!
    01-26-2012 07:15 PM
    I saw that earlier while searching. Looking for stock unrooted file. Thanks though!
    Look at the second post in that thread I linked. It has everything you need.
    elmo likes this.
    01-26-2012 08:01 PM
    If you really want unrooted, you can either flash the stock ROM in the 2nd post or just run Option B (unroot) in the Auto Root package. After you "unroot" it will be exactly the same as stock.

Be aware though that they plugged the root exploit used by the Auto Root package (ie option A), so, unless a new exploit is found, the only way you are going to root EL29 is to
    1) use ODIN to flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29)
    2) flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29) through CWM
    3) already be rooted and flash EL29 through Mobile ODIN choosing to "inject" root
    elmo likes this.
    01-26-2012 08:39 PM
    Unless I totally read wrong what CIQ is, it being removed is a good thing right?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    01-26-2012 08:46 PM
    If you really want unrooted, you can either flash the stock ROM in the 2nd post or just run Option B (unroot) in the Auto Root package. After you "unroot" it will be exactly the same as stock.

Be aware though that they plugged the root exploit used by the Auto Root package (ie option A), so, unless a new exploit is found, the only way you are going to root EL29 is to
    1) use ODIN to flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29)
    2) flash a pre-rooted EL29 (or custom ROM based on EL29) through CWM
    3) already be rooted and flash EL29 through Mobile ODIN choosing to "inject" root
    OIC. I was hoping they would find a way to root EL29 with Auto Root. I'll flash the rooted stock EL29rom. Thanks!
    01-26-2012 09:02 PM
    I miss the moving background on the home screen...
    01-26-2012 09:54 PM
    No joy here yet. Hit Update Firmware; nada. Updated PRL and Profile in that order, then powered down. (No battery pull.) Restarted and tried Update Firmware again and it said there was nothing for me. Oh well. Last update came 2-3 days into the process for me.
    01-26-2012 11:53 PM
    I miss the moving background on the home screen...
    Use Go Launcher if of miss that feature bad enough.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-27-2012 12:39 AM
    Mine just updated only call screen changed so far that I notice, glad that carrier mess has been taken off feel a little more secure now. Any other changes will posted as they emerge.
    01-27-2012 08:36 AM
    Mine just updated only call screen changed so far that I notice, glad that carrier mess has been taken off feel a little more secure now. Any other changes will posted as they emerge.
    The Alarm clock screen has changed as well. The phone icon has a little grid over it.
    01-27-2012 09:43 AM
    Got my update around 2am last night.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    02-01-2012 11:30 AM
    It appears the game glitch where some games like Plants vs Zombies, Deerhunter, Jewels would freeze has been fixed, I was able to play all the games I had previously downloaded but could never play all the way through. Oh! yeah noticed the new incoming call screen nice!
    02-03-2012 03:30 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD