Share your EL29 update experience here!!

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had the update notification all day on phone....after reading everyones comments I dont think I'm gonna update,

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
sfhub can you put a rooted odin one click os back to EK02 here? I hate this EL29 as it took away too many features of a $499 out if pocket epic 4g touch. Please help?

sfhub already answered you, but to follow up, you CAN have EK02 on your current phone again right now if you follow his instructions (which are really well done by the way). I understand your anger, and yeah Samsung probably effed up in a few ways on this update (depending on your point of view), but the tools are out there to have whatever ROM base you want on this phone.

Good luck. If you don't want to deal with the replacement from Sprint I'd Odin stock EK02 and be done with it. It's quite painless if you follow the instructions carefully.

aog3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No problems so far after the update. Sorry for the guys that lost the scrolling wall paper (I was one), but I feel that my phone is more responsive to touch. No changes on battery life so far, but my screen brightness does not change that much as is used to. Browser is a little speedier than before. Have not tested the GPS so far. I love my SGII but I WANT ICS!!! :p:p

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my update but wife and daughter still haven't go it. I like how the home screens go all the way around now and dont stop at the end, left or right. But i dont like the removal of scrolling wallpaper. I like new answer and hangup buttons.

zuluturtle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
any one else notice that the microbe stock live wallpaper is gone? this is my only real complaint about it because i would feed them when i got bored like a mini game.

any one know where i can find this to maybe re-install? :':)':)'(

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
any one else notice that the microbe stock live wallpaper is gone? this is my only real complaint about it because i would feed them when i got bored like a mini game.

any one know where i can find this to maybe re-install? :':)':)'(

There's a link in a thread just below this one. I'd post it directly, but I'm on my phone right now.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Lighten up pal....I wasn't laughing at anyone.

I was simply stating my observations on my particular hand set.

Take a deep breath....it's not worth over reacting and causing yourself stress.

Seriously now.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Having wallpaper that is not fixed and can be scrolled left and right through the home screens is a *basic* function of the Android O/S. Taking this feature out intentionally is a big mistake.

If Samsung doesn't reverse this, I'll switch back to a phone that handles Android wallpapers the proper and correct way. This is ridiculous.

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm ignoring the update for now.
This is my third Android phone and they have all had scrolling wallpaper. I can understand if Samsung has to remove it from future, unreleased phones, but to give it and then take it away is serious bull . If enough of us complain to Samsung and Sprint, perhaps they will correct this in a future update. Besides, Samsung is rolling in profits right now, if a patent is the issue, surely they can afford to pay royalties to keep current consumers happy. Does anyone have good contacts for complaints to these companies? I don't want to waste my time writing the wrong people.

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My issue: When using the web, it will time out and not connect. The same thing happens to the Market. I will sometimes get the Unable to Connect page.

Temporary Solution: The only way I have found to "fix" it is to not use WiFi. Switching it off seems to help it connect. Or I can use WiFi, but when it times out, I have to toggle WiFi off and then back on again. This works for a while and then I have to toggle it off and on again, because it will eventually time out.

I have know idea why this is happening, but it all started after the update.:'(

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone updated yesterday with no problem. I don't see that much difference other than the home screen changes (which are OK with me) and the new Phone icon. Having CIQ removed is a nice plus, but not a big deal to me. A boring but harmless update from my POV.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Having wallpaper that is not fixed and can be scrolled left and right through the home screens is a *basic* function of the Android O/S. Taking this feature out intentionally is a big mistake.

If Samsung doesn't reverse this, I'll switch back to a phone that handles Android wallpapers the proper and correct way. This is ridiculous.

Really? Because of wallpaper? lmao

richjolliff#AC

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like the update. One big change I noticed is when I dock my phone in car. The phone used to put out a noticeable buzz through speakers when no music was present. The buzz came from power cord. After update the buzz is gone. Phone is faster, on all levels.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What is this thing about wallpaper scrolling? My wallpaper scrolling works from left to right or right to left among the home screen. I am Calk 2.8.1 which I believe is EL29 based. Is the stock EL29 wallpaper fixed in one place?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What is this thing about wallpaper scrolling? My wallpaper scrolling works from left to right or right to left among the home screen. I am Calk 2.8.1 which I believe is EL29 based. Is the stock EL29 wallpaper fixed in one place?

Calkulin fixed it in his ROM so that scrolling wallpaper worked again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aquaholik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton