I've read that some people are having GPS/Navigation issues with the Epic 4G Touch. Any users here experiencing GPS/Navigation issues?
    01-29-2012 06:22 PM
    I've seen people talk about GPS issues but I haven't really noticed anything.
    01-29-2012 06:37 PM
    GPS signal is really bad.it comes and goes.in fact all of the radios on this phone are really weak.i had an EVO3D and had full bars of WIFI in my house.i just traded it for the EPIC and this phone only get 1 bar on the same WIFI signal.
    01-30-2012 03:24 AM
    My GPS has been a joke since I've had the phone. It worked the first week, then my Android version updated to 2.3.6. Since then it's been pretty much useless. I've tried various fixes that I've found here and there online, tried GPS Status (Android application), several other things, all to no avail. I've even reset the device to factory settings, still the GPS just keeps trying to find a signal, never succeeding. Pisses me off. How much does this phone cost? Right. I've talked to Sprint's technical staff too, didn't work. Very frustrated.
    01-30-2012 04:37 AM
    Mine is just the opposite, the GPS works almost too well, it locates my friends via friendcaster to share pics and chats, It navagates just fine and even does the Goggle Street View feature well but as all know too well it burns up battery usage rather quickly but then I'm located in the DC/MD/VA area so I usually get a strong signal.for it to feed off of along with my battery
    01-30-2012 10:04 AM
    Reading about the GPS/Navigation issues with this phone is what's making me stay away. I need to know the GPS/Navigation is going work when I need it. I guess the Epic 4G Touch isn't for me! Thanks for the info.
    01-30-2012 11:33 PM
    Reading about the GPS/Navigation issues with this phone is what's making me stay away. I need to know the GPS/Navigation is going work when I need it. I guess the Epic 4G Touch isn't for me! Thanks for the info.
    Epic 4G touch only advertises GPS - it doesn't actually have with a working GPS. Working GPS was limited to the lesser expensive phones.
    02-04-2012 02:23 AM
    I've had terrible reception with my GPS until today, never or taking forever to lock on signal ... Not really a fix but it works on my phone... I've noticed that If I don't turn on bluetooth headset the GPS works perfectly... Not a fix but a temporary work around while driving - that's when one needs bluetooth I simply use speakerphone instead
    02-04-2012 03:32 AM
    It sucks %&*
    02-05-2012 08:03 PM
    Mine was usable until the last update. Now it's very, very confused. Takes a while to lock on, and then once it locks on it's not very accurate. Not sure what happened here. Is it software or hardware? If it's hardware I may avoid Samsung in the future. I was considering the Galaxy Nexus once it hit Sprint (Yes, I have a gadget problem. I admit it) but if the GPS is insane on that as well ...
    02-05-2012 09:22 PM
    Mine was usable until the last update. Now it's very, very confused. Takes a while to lock on, and then once it locks on it's not very accurate. Not sure what happened here. Is it software or hardware? If it's hardware I may avoid Samsung in the future. I was considering the Galaxy Nexus once it hit Sprint (Yes, I have a gadget problem. I admit it) but if the GPS is insane on that as well ...
    The galaxy Nexus is experiencing its problems also..Can't understand why people havn't learned that Samsung makes the cheap product and markets it well. What app do you use for navigation?
    02-05-2012 09:37 PM
    Try using Telenav rather than the Google apps....it works a whole lot better.

Ever consider that it's an application issue and not a handset issue?
    02-06-2012 05:28 AM
    The galaxy Nexus is experiencing its problems also..Can't understand why people havn't learned that Samsung makes the cheap product and markets it well. What app do you use for navigation?
    Google Maps. I haven't tried TeleNav but I will when I'm out tomorrow.
    02-06-2012 09:36 PM
    My experience is:

1) if you have no data coverage (wifi, 3g, 4g), the GPS does not work at all.
    2) if I have data coverage it works. Sometimes it is slow. Sometimes it needs help (starting GPS status app). Sometimes it works fast and fine.

It is extremely annoying if you are in a poor coverage area that you cannot use navigation. I pre-cached maps for Europe for a vacation and couldn't use nav or maps at all due to no GPS. Not once in 2 weeks could I get a GPS lock unless connected to wifi.

It is extremely annoying if you are driving 60 miles an hour, not sure if you are going the right direction and turn on nav and it takes minutes to find your location and respond.

My HTC Hero had the same/similar problem. It is not limited to Samsung phones. Rebooting the Hero sometimes fixed it.
    02-13-2012 12:44 PM
    I took mine into sprint and showed them my faulty GPS, so they sent me a replacement. It seems to be working fine now.
    02-13-2012 02:35 PM
    I took mine into sprint and showed them my faulty GPS, so they sent me a replacement. It seems to be working fine now.
    I'm going to try that, I am afraid that when I am in the store it will work. This issue is driving me crazy.
    02-17-2012 09:49 AM
    I ffound the fix!!! Don't use the get directions button use the go button that's blue on the keyboard and it'll work flawless victory!!!
    02-17-2012 12:13 PM
    I ffound the fix!!! Don't use the get directions button use the go button that's blue on the keyboard and it'll work flawless victory!!!
    confused here, any chance you could elaborate ?? from what screen ect. ....
    thanks much
    02-17-2012 01:37 PM
    Use it when you're putting in the directions in the maps. Like I said you'll see the option that says get directions. Dont use it! But on your keyboard you'll see in the bottom right hand corner that says "go" it'll be blue, use it and the GPS will work every time!
    02-18-2012 06:28 AM
    works nearly perfect for me, the few times I've had an issue it was resolved with a restart of the phone which is really fast with this phone. the only thing I use is GPS, I have the wireless networks setting and the sensor setting off
    02-18-2012 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD