lost scrolling wallpaper after update

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Afraid not. No settings to adjust. The only way to get it back is to use another Launcher instead of Touchwiz such as Go Launcher EX or ADW Launcher EX.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone running go launcher, or adw with success? As soon as I updated my scrolling wallpaper stopped, & I'm running ADW. I checked the settings to be sure nothing changed, scrolling wallpapers still checked. Does this update override all launchers?

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
why they take this away ?

Someone in the "update post" claimed it was due to a lawsuit. No clue if that's correct or not but that's the first explanation I've heard. I hated it for static images, so I'm not heartbroken, but some of my live wallpapers have effectively been cut off.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it technically possible to bring back scrolling wallpaper without rooting? I have this phone on a major corporate account so I can’t root. And can you install a launcher without rooting and if so how hard is it to get Touch Wiz back if you don’t like what you installed?

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you use adw, you can have scrolling wallpapers with still images, however live wallpaper is still locked and unable to scroll due to the update.

Not sure on the difficulty of reverting back to standard after rooting. I hear is not that hard.

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Using an aftermarket launcher only fixes the problem if you like the image they use to start out with. I installed Go Launcher, and applied the Touchwiz theme. The wallpaper was sized properly. As soon as I tried to change the wallpaper, it won't allow me to resize the image, so it stretches the image, so the wallpaper looks distorted.

I really don't see how this can be lawsuit related, when Google has scrollable wallpaper on the Nexus phones, as well as HTC/Motorola/LG/etc....

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. I think it was just a mistake and over looked. I'm sure when we get 4.0 it'll be fixed. I wouldn't take my word on that, I just don't see why they would get rid of it.

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Right, I use Quick Pic to select my wallpaper and when you select the wallpaper there is an option to crop it or use full image, then SET AS - Quick Pic Homescreen Wallpaper in the Options and it will scroll just like before the update. I am using currently GO Launcher EX.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Calkulin's latest rom E4gt.ROM v 2.8.1, still has this fiture and it work fine on touch wiz even after update, its based on latestEL29 kernel, so its as latest as can be. And its bloatware free, runs faster and longer batt. life
So rootup and be happy with scrollable wallpapers.

Pp. :D

Reactions: Jimieo

jacksonista

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The idea that it has anything to do with a lawsuit is rubbish. Apple doesn't even offer live wallpaper, so how can that be?

I agree, it's total BS that this functionality is lost. I have bought several wallpapers that now are somewhat useless because the "3D" feel to them no longer works. Remember the cool wind turbine wallpaper? Well' it's not half as cool now that you can't get that "walking around them" feeling when you move from screen to screen.

I feel like asking all of the developers I've bought scrolling live wallpapers from for my money back. Maybe that would light a fire under samsung's behind?

I'm very disappointed. Went to Sprint, they have no idea and it wasn't their update so they don't know what to do. I say, file a complaint and get this function returned. I mean, really? :p