The only thing I've heard for a long time is that it should be coming out by the end of the first quarter of this year. Has there been anything else announced besides that or are we just left in the dark about it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2012 03:50 AM
    Left in the dark lol
    02-04-2012 05:51 AM
    Yeah, I heard end of this quarter too, that's fine by me. This way, they will tease us with the S3 and to make us feel better give us ICS to play with on our S2 until we can run out and buy the S3 a few months later. :-)
    02-04-2012 01:25 PM
    I'd be surprised if this phone was updated to ICS by March 31st, but anything is possible. Still, I wouldn't keep your hopes too high.

02-04-2012 01:44 PM
    I'd be surprised if this phone was updated to ICS by March 31st, but anything is possible. Still, I wouldn't keep your hopes too high.

I agree with this and I think that March 31st is optimistic. We haven't even started to see leak builds yet. I wonder if anyone has been monitering the RDF pages.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2012 01:47 PM
    There is a experimental alpha build of CM9 which is ICS based on xda, but many things are broken, and the ROM will be makeshift moreorless until there is an official kernel that the developers have to work with
    02-04-2012 06:55 PM
    Current rumor mill points to Aprilish. But take anything you hear right now with a grain of salt.
    02-06-2012 10:43 AM
    lol I dont want it if its gonna be as bas as the EL29 was/is, and thats with a simple upgrade, I just dont see how Samsung pulls off a smooth move to ICS
    02-06-2012 11:44 AM

Due to Samsung's reputation i'm not getting my hopes up. I keep telling myself that I won't get ICS so that I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Just about any other phone company and i'd be waiting on pins and needles.....
    02-06-2012 03:33 PM
    I wonder if the Swype ICS build being finalized has contributed to the wait. Swype mentioned that they were close.

Either way, I just hope that the capacitive buttons take the place of the virtual ones and that I can still use the search button.
    02-06-2012 03:38 PM

Either way, I just hope that the capacitive buttons take the place of the virtual ones and that I can still use the search button.
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what manufacturers do with the capacitive buttons. I'd imagine they will stay active and the on screen buttons will be removed. Many phones (including ours) would lose too much screen real estate if the OS used the on screen buttons. However, in the case of my HTC View, the Honeycomb update completely disabled the capactive buttons in favor of Honeycomb's on screen button layout, so I guess anything is possible. I really don't see it happening on a phone though.
    02-06-2012 04:09 PM
    I wonder if the Swype ICS build being finalized has contributed to the wait. Swype mentioned that they were close.

I agree. The whole taking away the search button and bringing in a search bar that you can't remove sucks. I use the search button all the time.

I'm just hoping we get CM9 soon. Can't wait.
    02-06-2012 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD