How To Use Voice Features

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't use any voice features on my E4GT and feel that I may be missing out. There seem to be a number of apps and options - can anyone provide some help on what the E4GT voice capabilities are - and what apps do what (which are best?)

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
well, I'd like to know more too. I did like Siri before I switched to E4G.
I use the microphone on the keyboard to text whenever I am alone. It is extremely fast and accurate .
come on people, help us out here. On another forum I'v heard speaktoit and Iris are like Siri...

richjolliff#AC

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the search button causes the mic to open up for google search. You can the ask for "find nearest Starbucks" or "who won the 2012 Superbowl?" It doesn't answer with voice, but is very accurate and saves time typing.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the search button causes the mic to open up for google search. You can the ask for "find nearest Starbucks" or "who won the 2012 Superbowl?" It doesn't answer with voice, but is very accurate and saves time typing.

So what App is doing this search?

What apps can we use for voice dialing? Voice commands?

I see Vlingo, Google, ???

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Lots of apps are voice capable. I got Vlingo from the Market. I use CarHome Ultra w/voice stuff a good bit (we're hands-free in my state, but I don't think most people saw the law change). I'm pretty much sold on Swype, but it even has voice to text, so I speak messages a lot now. Way faster than swyping/typing. Recognition is pretty good so long as I speak clearly.

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with Driving Mode. While in that, you can talk to your phone and do various tasks. I haven't actually tried anything other than voice dialing, but that is nice. When in Driving Mode, the phone will speak and tell you who sent any incoming text messages. I get the impression that it is supposed to read them out to you, but I have not had that happen yet. Driving Mode seems pretty powerful, but I too have been struggling to understand everything that it can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance