Is it possible to go back to EK02 after updating to EL29?

I am stock out of the box non rooted.

I havent updated to EL29, but I might have to just to get rid of the nag screen.

I would just like to know that I can rollback to EK02 and keep my phone the way it is right now.

Thanks in advance.
    02-05-2012 02:16 PM
    Ive researched this as I want to rollback myself, you cannot w/o rooting. Im having nothing but issues after the update.
    02-05-2012 02:20 PM
    02-05-2012 02:45 PM
    sfhub,

Thanks for the link. Is it better to do the full factory restore or is it ok to use the one that presevers your data?

I have never done this before so are there any things I should be aware of? Do i need to download the andriod drivers and all that, or just install the modem/kernal/rom?

Thank you
    02-05-2012 03:44 PM
    Going stock to stock, the NoData version usually works but not always. In pariticular I don't think downgrading is tested that often.

The Full version that resets your data almost always works.

I would make backups and go with the NoData version. If there are issues, you could always do a factory reset and it would be equivalent to having used the Full version.
    02-05-2012 04:16 PM
    I see no reason why not to use the data preserve option, unless you don't care about your user app data. I'm quite sure this version still resets your system data though, so you'll want to back up your texts, contacts (unless you just sync from the cloud) . Sfhub can correct me if in wrong.

As far as the flash goes, just follow his instructions. They're very complete and written in a way even a novice should be able to handle.

Good luck and if you have any specific questions post here and we can try to help. The game starts soon though so I'm planning to have a beer in my hand rather than my phone, so my replies will be delayed, and maybe a bit incoherent until tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    02-05-2012 04:22 PM
    Thanks for the info. Last question.... I just run the download and let it do its thing correct? I dont need to mess with andriod drivers or any of that right?

Thanks again.

Good game so far
    02-05-2012 07:02 PM
    I see no reason why not to use the data preserve option, unless you don't care about your user app data. I'm quite sure this version still resets your system data though, so you'll want to back up your texts, contacts (unless you just sync from the cloud) . Sfhub can correct me if in wrong.
    That's what I would suggest also. I've noticed sometimes system apps change their db format going forward, but that doesn't get downgraded going backwards. Most cases everything should work fine going stock to stock, but be prepared in case it doesn't and have backups ready. There won't be anything where your phone is bricked or anything like that, just a remote chance for minor issues with certain apps.

The texts and contacts are contained in the /data partition, so are untouched. What is changed is the ROM (/system) which contains the apps that access the text and contacts. If those apps change db formats and expect something else (not saying in this case they will) then there could be minor issues.

My suggestion is the same as JayWill's, just use the NoData (preserve your user data) version and it should work ok. Be prepared with backups though.
    02-05-2012 07:08 PM
    i did this odin thing and have to say im happy. I did the one that clears everything and did a factory reset after it. And then reinstalled my apps. So far gps is locking when before it was hit or miss... Or i got lucky...and did install newest update. Fingers crossed B-)
    02-05-2012 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD