EL29 related issue

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive researched and found very little info, so it appears Im one of the few thats having this issue since the EL29 update. before the update my Fancy Widgets weather would update my location w/o fail when I traveled, even if it was only 5mi away in the next town, it updated my location. now after this worthless update Im lucky if it updates at all, sometimes it will update me to a location I was in the day before! its like its stuck in molasses and responds slowly. anyone else having this issue? can I go back to the previous build? my last resort will a visit to the Sprint store, what a pleasure that promises to be

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its kind of a known issue that the new update has some GPS issues.
My foursquare app isnt working quite right.
However there is another thread that talks about EL29 issues and in it theres a link to a thread on XDA that has a possible fix.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna visit the sprint store sometime this week if it doesnt fix itself, if they cant fix it Ill reset it and sell it. Its hilarious that no one worries about this issue as much as the loss of the scrolling wallpaper they been crying non stop over lol

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I believe that requires rooting, which I wont do........what a shame that Samsung put out an awesome phone, then they release an update that basically cripples the phone

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your correct it does require root.
I also agree that its a shame that quality control didnt catch this.
The EK02 update was great and at times i wish i would have stayed on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7