when do we get ics?

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
is it going to better than the current android? I'm looking foward to an operating system that is more intuitive. Why are there so many programs running even after I close out of them all in the task manager?

ugh, I'm so disappointed that palm screwed up and didn't get the backing it needed.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I know I have the htc evo design 4g but I'm pretty sure my battery changes colors as it gets low.

I'm running whatever the latest OTA sprint pushed. Whats supposed to be so great about ICS anyways?

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
From leaked test builds......nothing visually will really change from the current gingerbread touchwiz innovation. soooo none of the u.s galaxy s2 will have that look of ice cream sandwich just its guts

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
More intuitive? You're expecting a bit much from this update. Do you find ICS on the Galaxy Nexus more intuitive than what's on your Galaxy S2 now (I am guessing that's what you have since you're posting here)? Don't forget that even when we do get the ICS update, we will still have Touchwhiz floating on top of it, so not all that much will change. We will gain the new settings screen, better performance and the ability to swipe off inidividual notifications from the notification screen, but that's the majority of it. Oh, and the lock screen will look a bit different too.

Check out this link with a video:

Samsung Galaxy S II Running the Leaked Official ICS ROM (Video)

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
point being the skined version of ice cream leaves much to be desired....delays upgrades and overal a major compromise to consumers

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I love my GSII and I am use to and enjoy TWZ but I do feel that Sammy needs to get 4.0 rolling out to us just because. they want to be the #1 phone Manufacturer then you have get these upadtes out and about faster. I'm fine with 2.3 but alot of people have the same complain and if most of the customers are complaining about updates speeds then fix it . I do agree that whe nwe do get 4.0 its not going to be to different from what we have now in TWZ but some of the new features would be cool.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm hearing xmas 2012 the us version will get its ics right after jellybean is updated on nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea the europeans will get in april/may but like gingerbread on usa side itll b delayed by 6months

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Christmas of 2012 is just crazy. Sprint has got to get their act together when it comes to updates. Just crazy. This is why we should have the option to have pure Google or TW on these phones. Let the Owner make the choice. Then we could get updated faster from Google.

This is why CM and the other Devs are the greatest thing to happen to Smart Phones. They can do what the Sammy and Sprint can't do. Give the people what they want and in a timely manner.

Praying for CM9 Goodness for my Epic 4g Touch.

Reactions: JasonF

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

In the recent Cyanogenmod update they said the next batch of phones they will be working on for CM9 are Samsung phones with the Exynos processor. So that means us!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Christmas of 2012 is just crazy. Sprint has got to get their act together when it comes to updates. Just crazy. This is why we should have the option to have pure Google or TW on these phones. Let the Owner make the choice. Then we could get updated faster from Google.

This is why CM and the other Devs are the greatest thing to happen to Smart Phones. They can do what the Sammy and Sprint can't do. Give the people what they want and in a timely manner.

Just so you know moosc is just giving that guess based on when the US based Galaxy S phones were updated. The last of the Galaxy S phones received the update to GB after ICS had been announced.

But 4th qtr is way too late to be receiving the ICS update for the phone. HTC will be updating their halo phones from mid last year beginning in late Q1/early Q2, so hopefully Samsung can provide something during Q2, as well. It's not like they don't have the source code.....

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You are correct and y the hold up on us galaxy phones? Ding ding its the carriers and if carriers pull there heads outa of there azz then phones whould get updated faster. I mean sprint may see update in july vzw aug att dec you see they all should b available at same time they have the software

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You are correct and y the hold up on us galaxy phones? Ding ding its the carriers and if carriers pull there heads outa of there azz then phones whould get updated faster. I mean sprint may see update in july vzw aug att dec you see they all should b available at same time they have the software

How is it the Carriers fault, in this case Sprint? The Evo 4G was one of the first phones to get Gingerbread when it was the hot ticket. It's a combination of both the manufacturer and the carrier. The carrier tells the manufacturer what it wants changed as far as their own customizations go, the manufacturer includes those changes into their build of the rom and sends it to Sprint for testing. Once Sprint signs off on it the update gets pushed. Sprint can't do anything until Samsung gets ICS running for this phone, then they just implement Sprint specific changes and send it off to testing. You can't blame just the carrier, they can't push out an update the manufacturer hasn't completed yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000