Upgrading from EVO 4G..Epic Touch good choice?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I am considering getting the Epic 4G Touch as I am sick of the EVO 4G. The dudes at Sprint told me that the Epic is the way to go as it is in the Galaxy S II line up. Do you guys who have the 4G Touch have any cons about the device? Will this device support ICS? So far I am kind of liking the device so I may grab it tomorrow.

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
The only con I can think of is that it may be too big for your liking. But since you have the evo I'm sure you don't mind. It will get ICS btw. Might take a while but it definetly will

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I love the Epic 4G Touch. The screen is awesome. The sound is wonderful and I have had no problems with it at all.

Even when I thought I had screwed up with rooting it Samsung phones are almost unbrickable. I thought I would not like the phone because of the Touch Wiz interface since I had come from Sense and then CM ROM, but Go Launcher is just what I needed until CM9 is ready for the Epic 4G Touch.

Hope you choose the Touch and that you are enjoying your phone as much as I am.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from the EVO to the E4GT and I love it. Only issue I've had is the GPS can be a bit wonky at times, but other than that it's been absolutely perfect.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I came from an EVO I got on launch day back in 2010, what a great phone that was! I had far less issues when it came to updates compared to Samsung, but the actual function, feel, camera, screen, zippyness of the Samsung is much much better than the EVO

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been a BB user the majority of my adult life, the first smartphone, the second smartphone phone is the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic touch . The experience is like day and night, while the BB was somber, business like, some what rigid, the Samsung is lively! challenging to use to say the least, does so much more, it's a radio, recorder, music player, in short the BB is like AM radio, the Samsung GS2 E 4G is like FM Stereo with speakers set on BLAST! So set back and enjoy the experience.:cool:

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
my imo i would take the epic touch over the Photon and touch wiz killz htc sense due to touch isnt laggyish like htc sense is..But as far as phones the epic touch is solid imo

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I got the Touch!!! First impression was "wow this feels so much lighter than the evo". I haven't had time to play with it yet but after this post I will be! Thank you guys for your input, so far I am glad I got this device!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the Touch!!! First impression was "wow this feels so much lighter than the evo". I haven't had time to play with it yet but after this post I will be! Thank you guys for your input, so far I am glad I got this device!

It's a great phone. There will be little things that you don't like or that will take some getting used to, but that goes for any device. You won't regret your choice.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Good luck with it. It is currently the best Sprint phone out right now and probably one of the best Android devices right now as well.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
My first question...How do I save pictures in a text (MMS)? With the EVO all I had to do was long press on the picture and select save but I can't seem to figure it out on this one.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what I did. I love the Epic Touch. There is no other phone as good as the Epic Touch including the Nexus, I spent hours with the Nexus trying out everything.

See:
25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch
Why I Prefer the Galaxy S II Over the Galaxy Nexus

21 Features the Epic Touch has that the Nexus doesn't:
Galaxy Nexus Workarounds, Tips, and Tricks

Haha, I looked through that nexus workarounds thread and I'm really surprised how much it's missing by default. It's just an epic fail (pun intended :p ).

ericblackdv

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My first question...How do I save pictures in a text (MMS)? With the EVO all I had to do was long press on the picture and select save but I can't seem to figure it out on this one.
Long-press on the photo in the messaging app (do not short-tap the photo, which will bring it up in the Gallery.). After you long-press on the photo in the messaging app, you should get a pop-up that says "Message options". You can then select "Attached items".

The phone will then show you the attached item (typically a jpg). It will have a checkmark in front of the filename that you can check. Then you can click "Save". It will then offer you the option to rename the file and then you click "OK". It will be saved on the SD card in the "download' folder and you can also view it in the Gallery app.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I did. I love the Epic Touch. There is no other phone as good as the Epic Touch including the Nexus, I spent hours with the Nexus trying out everything.

See:
25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch
Why I Prefer the Galaxy S II Over the Galaxy Nexus

21 Features the Epic Touch has that the Nexus doesn't:
Galaxy Nexus Workarounds, Tips, and Tricks
I agree man just the gnex doesnt impress me like the epic touch did and when the galaxy nexus drops i still dont think ima be impress with it..

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I remember playing around with the evo 4g after I got the epic touch, it's actually not that bad of a phone that you can't wait a few months to upgrade to the next gen line up of sprint phones. The epic touch is a great phone but there are a few missing next gen features like display resolution and LTE.

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The Epic 4G Touch has the same "halo status" feel that the Evo 4G did when it was released. When the Evo 4G was released, it was a bad-ass phone. It still is... Smart phones have been released on sprint since then, but none of them have that same "warm and fuzzy" feeling the Evo 4G gave. At least not until the Epic 4G Touch. This thing is a power house. Plus, there's none of that HTC unlocker tool nonsense with this phone.

I was a HTC junkie. Now, I'm a convert. I'll stick with Samsung for a while, as long as they are able to keep making phones like the E4GT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol